Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: College degree.com
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
Newsfood
College degree.com

When Wikipedia Won't Cut It: 25 Online Sources for Reliable, Researched Facts

"Although Wikipedia is a great place to find information, it's subject to incomplete citations, biased views, and inaccuracies. And when you absolutely have to have undisputable facts, that's just not good enough. Fortunately, there are plenty of alternatives out there that can deliver with high quality accuracy, and we've listed 25 of the best here."
guy
Citizendium comes top of the list. ohmy.gif
thekohser
My favorite on the list: Open-Site.org!

Look at this page of theirs about Relationships:

Overview
A relationship, in its broadest sense, is any relation or interaction between two parties, be they two people, two ethnicities, two countries or two of any other form of political, social or cultural grouping. In the most limited sense, a relationship is an emotional or sexual connection or interaction between two or more people. This can be in the form of a friendship or a romantic connection.

Wedding
Is a ceremony legalizing the union of a man and woman, future spouses.

Acquaintance
Is when two people learn each other’s names and establish further relations.

Divorce
Is the termination of a marriage during the lifetime of spouses. It is made by the court on the application of at least one of the spouses.

Wedding, Acquaintance, and Divorce? In that order? Huh?
guy
QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 22nd February 2008, 5:16pm) *

Wedding, Acquaintance, and Divorce? In that order? Huh?

Must be an arranged marriage.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(guy @ Fri 22nd February 2008, 11:11am) *

Veropedia is nowhere to be found.
Danny
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Fri 22nd February 2008, 6:15pm) *

QUOTE(guy @ Fri 22nd February 2008, 11:11am) *

Veropedia is nowhere to be found.

Still not up to par.

Kato
Welcome to Wikipedia Review Danny.

I have mixed feelings about Veropedia. On the one hand, it looks OK, and the idea of salvaging decent articles and giving them a polish is better than nothing. On the other hand, there are still numerous problems.

Using the Wikipedia Review compendium of criticisms as a tickbox, it still falls way short...

http://wikipediareview.com/blog/20080104/c...s-of-wikipedia/

...and Veropedia has created a few more problems of its own due to its forking nature.

(link to Veropedia for ease)
Danny
QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 24th February 2008, 6:20pm) *

Welcome to Wikipedia Review Danny.

I have mixed feelings about Veropedia. On the one hand, it looks OK, and the idea of salvaging decent articles and giving them a polish is better than nothing. On the other hand, there are still numerous problems.

Using the Wikipedia Review compendium of criticisms as a tickbox, it still falls way short...

http://wikipediareview.com/blog/20080104/c...s-of-wikipedia/

...and Veropedia has created a few more problems of its own due to its forking nature.

(link to Veropedia for ease)

Thanks for the welcome. To begin with, I agree largely with the tickbox you bring up--I would venture to say in more ways than you can possibly imagine. The difference is, I hope, that we are open to suggestions for improvement. Be as specific as possible, and we will do what we can to fix things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.