Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geoffrey Burling : Original Research
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
Newsfood
Geoffrey Burling : Original Research

Visons and reality

"Maybe you don't read ValleyWag or Danny Wool's new blog, so you haven't heard about Jimmy Wales and Rachel Marsden. Truth be told, I didn't even know that he had separated from his wife -- but then as far as I know, he's unaware that I have a new woman in my life. And so far, only a small number of serious Wikipedians appear to consider it worth their notice: the folks on WikiEN-l haven't spoken a word about this news, for example."
Danny
I am very grateful for Geoff's post. I think he stated the real problem better than I ever could.

QUOTE(Newsfood @ Mon 3rd March 2008, 2:25am) *

Geoffrey Burling : Original Research

Visons and reality

"Maybe you don't read ValleyWag or Danny Wool's new blog, so you haven't heard about Jimmy Wales and Rachel Marsden. Truth be told, I didn't even know that he had separated from his wife -- but then as far as I know, he's unaware that I have a new woman in my life. And so far, only a small number of serious Wikipedians appear to consider it worth their notice: the folks on WikiEN-l haven't spoken a word about this news, for example."

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.