Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mackan79 kicks SlimVirgin while down
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Pages: 1, 2
WordBomb
Having been granted immunity from the WordBomb banhammer by GWH's potentially career-ending gaffe, Mackan79 today turned his sights to SlimVirgin.

You simply must read this guy's work. It is the best bit of SV=Crum375 evidence I've seen.

Of course Slim shortly reverted without comment, followed by one of her trademark talk page archiving moves.

(And, by the off chance that archive finds itself disappeared, here's a webcitation version of it.)
jorge
Attaaaaaaaaaaaaack
Heat
Mackan's offensive followed this rather churlish (and quickly reverted) comment by SV after Macken asked for the false sock allegation to be removed from his block log. SV on ANI
jorge
Some interesting links that the ever so persistent but not so bright Zeq posted on Slim's page. And living up to their usual standard of behaviour posts harrassing messages on Roland Rance's page. Reading Mackan's note to SV was total deja vu for me- I had an almost identical conversation years ago when they accused me of following one of them to another article when they had been doing exactly that to me for the past several months.
Kato
Slim is an irony generator supreme.

She used a sockpuppet account to vote twice on an article, and now chastises Macken79 who was wholly innocent after being falsely accused of using a sockpuppet.

When I saw Wordbomb's original post, I was jokingly going to write that I bet Slim accuses Macken79 of "stalking and harrassment", and lo and behold: "Mackan spent quite a considerable period at Wikipedia wikistalking me last year and part of 2006".

A further statement by Slim, saying that Jimbo contacted her to tip her off about Mackan confirms that Jimbo firmly supports Slim. So Jimbo, whose judgment includes hiring Essjay and Shagging Rachel Marsden, nailed his flag to not only JzG but Slim's mast! Two of the worst users on the site and who have played a significant part in its deterioration! Can the man get more foolhardy? laugh.gif
Milton Roe
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Sun 16th March 2008, 3:48am) *

Having been granted immunity from the WordBomb banhammer by GWH's potentially career-ending gaffe, Mackan79 today turned his sights to SlimVirgin.

You simply must read this guy's work. It is the best bit of SV=Crum375 evidence I've seen.

Of course Slim shortly reverted without comment, followed by one of her trademark talk page archiving moves.

(And, by the off chance that archive finds itself disappeared, here's a webcitation version of it.)

LOL. Yes. One of the first comments of other editors to Valdemort375, a.k.a. the face on the back of SV's head, is that he should stop sucking up to her. He's either a sock, a meat (eewww) or just had some VERY professional help getting onto WP in the first place. I mean, how many newbies start out with this as their first edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=52394536. dry.gif Give me a break.

-- Milt
gomi
Unsurprisingly, Slimey has reverted without comment on her talk page. She will now attempt to ignore it, call in her meatpuppets to harass Mackan, and lie low until it blows over.

S. O. P.

One
But WordBomb, didn't you once say that Crum seemed to have a New York IP address? I assumed that Crum is a sycophant--who occasionally reverts ten times against the advice of arbitrators. It honestly would be hard to tell them apart.

Hmm... On second thought, Mackan79 may be on to something.
Pumpkin Muffins
QUOTE(One @ Sun 16th March 2008, 6:44am) *

But WordBomb, didn't you once say that Crum seemed to have a New York IP address? I assumed that Crum is a sycophant--who occasionally reverts ten times against the advice of arbitrators in support of SV. It honestly would be hard to tell them apart.

Hmm... On second thought, Mackan79 may be on to something.

Something to keep in mind; just as SH uses a proxy service to edit, it is possible to tunnel through someone else's computer and edit. For example, have a friend in a different city install a closed proxy on their computer that you can log into, or just shell out to your friends computer if using Unix/Linix (I've never tried the latter). You could leave firefox set up with one wikipedia account routed through your friends computer, and Internet Explorer set up with another wikipedia account routed normally through your internet provider - that way you'd never make login mistakes. It would be impossible to connect the two accounts with checkuser if the proxy on your friends computer is set up right. It really isn't that hard to do.
guy
QUOTE(Heat @ Sun 16th March 2008, 3:55am) *

I'm sorry he was blocked incorrectly, but I see no reason to make a special case for him here, unless we're going to do the same thing for everyone from now on.

Is there any reason not to do the same thing for everyone?
thekohser
Anybody else notice Viridae's

06:36, 13 March 2008 Viridae (Talk | contribs) unblocked Mackan79 (Talk | contribs) ‎ (Not a cockpuppet per http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...omb_sockpuppet)

???
Heat
Can someone do a MM/SH type analysis of SV/Crum editing patterns and see how their edits fit together timewise and if they have a suspicious lack of editing "collisions"?
Kato
QUOTE(Heat @ Sun 16th March 2008, 1:45pm) *

Can someone do a MM/SH type analysis of SV/Crum editing patterns and see how their edits fit together timewise and if they have a suspicious lack of editing "collisions"?

Done. Done. Done.

They're not sockpuppets.
WordBomb
QUOTE(One @ Sun 16th March 2008, 12:44am) *

But WordBomb, didn't you once say that Crum seemed to have a New York IP address?
The times I captured it, Crum did have a NYC IP, making it hard for me to accept the conventional WR wisdom that SV=Crum. But reading Mackan79's work, it becomes apparent that the technical challenges she would have to overcome to have both NY and Alberta IPs are less complicated than any arrangement that might be accounted for by SV and Crum being operated by separate people.

I retain a single reservation, which keeps me from accepting the premise completely, but I'm trying to work that out right now and will try to report on that on this thread later today.
Kato
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Sun 16th March 2008, 2:20pm) *

QUOTE(One @ Sun 16th March 2008, 12:44am) *

But WordBomb, didn't you once say that Crum seemed to have a New York IP address?
The times I captured it, Crum did have a NYC IP, making it hard for me to accept the conventional WR wisdom that SV=Crum.

I looked at it really closely last year on Wikiabuse, concluded that they weren't after an examination of a whole month's worth of edits, and others seemed to be in agreement. I wouldn't consider it conventional WR wisdom that they are the same user. However, it keeps coming up again and again.

I'd say the chances of Crum being a sockpuppet of SV are er... Slim to say the least. Maybe 5-10% chance at best.
jorge
I definitely disagree with that- see some analysis I did previously here, here, and here.
Kato
They communicate off site and Crum helps Slim in whatever dispute she finds herself in. I found a whole load of long screeds by the two of them on active talk page discussions that were virtually simultaneous. That one person could physically manage to log off / log on, post long replies interacting with other users in the fashion I saw looked impossible.

Crum also has another editing side on techie boys-own topics -- completely outside of Slim's range. Crum doesn't sound like Slim on talk pages, and most importantly, Crum is stupid and makes poor suicidal decisions. Slim isn't and doesn't.
Heat
Why is Sidaway trying so hard to ingratiate his way back into the cult's good graces?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mac...ersonal_attacks

And now he's breaking the rules by editing archive pages in order to engage in historical revisionism
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=198642480
Kato
QUOTE(Heat @ Sun 16th March 2008, 4:01pm) *

Why is Sidaway trying so hard to ingratiate his way back into the cult's good graces?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mac...ersonal_attacks

I don't know. He's taken on the mantle of a pure malevolent troublemaker now, way beyond his previous role as an obnoxious blowhard. He's deliberately stoking up trouble between the ailing abusive admin crowd and good faith users finally holding them accountable for their damage. If he keeps this cage rattling up, it'll mean some major conflict in the near future - and a further fall from grace for the old guard which is always a pleasure to watch. Hopefully his ridiculous provocations will unleash another media storm or two to boost our readership as well.
Moulton
Why is it that WP draws so many gamers (MMPORG) and drama queens?
jorge
QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 16th March 2008, 3:17pm) *

They communicate off site and Crum helps Slim in whatever dispute she finds herself in. I found a whole load of long screeds by the two of them on active talk page discussions that were virtually simultaneous. That one person could physically manage to log off / log on, post long replies interacting with other users in the fashion I saw looked impossible.

You wouldn't need to log in/log off- you just have a different wikipedia account in another browser i.e. one account in internet explorer, one in firefox, not difficult in any way. There is also the possibility that they are sometimes operated by different users and sometimes by just one, i.e. when one needs backup but the other is unavailiable to edit.
dtobias
QUOTE(jorge @ Sun 16th March 2008, 12:23pm) *

You wouldn't need to log in/log off- you just have a different wikipedia account in another browser i.e. one account in internet explorer, one in firefox, not difficult in any way.

Make it any two of {Firefox | Mozilla SeaMonkey | Opera | Safari | Konquerer}... friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer! tongue.gif
Pumpkin Muffins
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 16th March 2008, 4:25pm) *

QUOTE(jorge @ Sun 16th March 2008, 12:23pm) *

You wouldn't need to log in/log off- you just have a different wikipedia account in another browser i.e. one account in internet explorer, one in firefox, not difficult in any way.

Make it any two of {Firefox | Mozilla SeaMonkey | Opera | Safari | Konquerer}... friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer! tongue.gif

Opera for windows, I believe, allows you to switch user agents, which is one of the things check user looks at.
jorge
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 16th March 2008, 4:25pm) *

And even more oppurtunity to run multiple accounts simultaneously. It just shows that useragent should be completely ignored when checkusering.
Kato
QUOTE(jorge @ Sun 16th March 2008, 4:23pm) *

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 16th March 2008, 3:17pm) *

....and shoot off long posts reacting to talk page developments instantaneously? And show completely different writing styles, intelligence, interest?

They're not the same user. Marksell, another Slim adversary on WP best describes it
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ng_on_WP:LAYOUT
QUOTE(Marksell)
Slim's postings are far more subtle, cogent, and bright than Crum's, so I just can't imagine they're the same person. There's too much stylistic difference. The duckling editing is obvious—Crum will show up whenever she does, on disputes. I basically agree with Merkinsmum and earlier comments: most everybody knows he follows her around, and that they must communicate off-site (which isn't disallowed).

But what to do? Admit they have a six-revert rule, and...? *Shrugs.* I mean, really, what can you do? You can't police that stuff.

I think it more important that people know Crum's signature. Slim remains herself: an intelligent, informed, and sometimes maddening presence on policy. Crum is a duckling—ignore his edits, because it's always "per her." That's my policy
jorge
QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 16th March 2008, 4:54pm) *

QUOTE(jorge @ Sun 16th March 2008, 4:23pm) *

....and shoot off long posts reacting to talk page developments instantaneously? And show completely different writing styles, intelligence, interest?

Can you post specific examples where that has happened? I don't think that it is likely that two people were operating the accounts when I made my observations here, here, and here.

See also Wordbomb's observation back in December here.
dtobias
QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 16th March 2008, 12:54pm) *

I think it more important that people know Crum's signature. Slim remains herself: an intelligent, informed, and sometimes maddening presence on policy. Crum is a duckling—ignore his edits, because it's always "per her." That's my policy

Do we need a WP:DUCKLING test now?
jorge
Relata Refero said "Do you seriously want them blocked for meatpuppetry?"

Why is meat puppetry any less bad than sock puppetry when it has exactly the same purpose, to get around policies and guidelines? Viewing it as a lesser offense just means that the editors more desparate to impose their POV who work in groups are allowed to get away with it whereas individual editors are driven to exasperation and reported for 3RR and they can clearly see that those reverting them are working together and that high level admins know about it and allow it to go on.
Miltopia
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 16th March 2008, 9:10am) *

06:36, 13 March 2008 Viridae (Talk | contribs) unblocked Mackan79 (Talk | contribs) ‎ (Not a cockpuppet per http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...omb_sockpuppet)

???

I think he said "cockpuppet" on Mackan's talk page too. Must have been intentional :-D
WordBomb
QUOTE(jorge @ Sun 16th March 2008, 10:23am) *
You wouldn't need to log in/log off- you just have a different wikipedia account in another browser i.e. one account in internet explorer, one in firefox, not difficult in any way. There is also the possibility that they are sometimes operated by different users and sometimes by just one, i.e. when one needs backup but the other is unavailable to edit.
It might be worth knowing that SV uses Firefox on a pre-Intel Mac, while Crum uses IE on a PC.

So at the very least, there would be two computers operating side-by-side.
Heat
Tony Sideways is taking this to ArbComm!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...n#User:Mackan79
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Heat @ Sun 16th March 2008, 10:24pm) *

Tony Sideways is taking this to ArbComm!

I predict blood will flow - in a congealed fashion. Slum has been at it so long there are a gazillion diffs. Crum has had a number of posts on hes page questioning that behaviour. There are numerous meatpuppet 3RR infractions that can be dug out. If you put it all together you could probably beat the 150 odd infractions of the Guy RFC.

This will backfire on Tony because there are a lot of respected editors who are tired of our TagTeam winners of 2007, and it will backfire on ArbCom because they will not be able to defend Slum without the same embarrassment of the non-determination of MM. I suspect that they will WP:DUCK this one.

I again want to write that I cannot believe Tony is that stupid, but I think it is a reflection that the cabal think they won the MM ArbCom and are getting more confident about getting rid of their enemies. The wiser members of the cabal are probably telling Tony to get lost now, I can't believe the likes of Slum would have wanted that attention focused on them.

Is it Mack's Law when a post starts with Slim?
Kato
The case put forth by Sidaway, and the responses of the arbitrators are interesting. Sidaway is clearly out of his tree these days and is just making things up to attack someone who disputes "the cabal". Mackan79 has gone from a "wiki-stalker" according to Slim, to a "long term harasser" according to Sidaway.

The response from FT2 sheds more light on GeorgeWilliamHerbert's outrageous block of Mackan -- which was another blatant show of power by the corrupt strain to attack outsiders:
QUOTE(FT2)
edit conflict) Decline. (And involved, though as neutral administrative/arbitrator, rather than as a party, for full disclosure.) Background of my awareness: - GWH emailed Arbcom with his concern that Mackan had self-outed as a sock of a banned user, a concern worded fairly, and based upon a good-faith but erroneous interpretation of a post by Mackan. I investigated (at least 4 checkusers did so in total) and within 1.5 hours emailed GWH back that this was "exceedingly unlikely". GWH for reasons I don't fully understand, later blocked Mackan, a block that was reversed. Somewhere in all this Mackan positively identified himself to a checkuser (name, corporation, phone number, city), and was fully verified not to be the person in question. A discussion ensued by one Arbitrator whether the block log was problematic enough to be wiped, and due to concerns of excessive favor (this is not a move most users would have for a bad block) I posted a statement requesting communal views at ANI on the suggestion. SlimVirgin posted a strongly worded objection which to my mind was unhelpful and cited Mackan allegedly being a problem in other ways, then toned it right down to a fair one sentence opinion, which allowed the thread to be concluded fairly (no alteration to the log was made; the discussion at ANI is sufficient for Mackan to rebut allegations if raised in future). SV has stated she wishes to avoid Mackan and have him avoid her, and has not suggested raising any case on the matter as far as I know.

Upon review, I don't actually see an Arbitration need here. The dispute was quiet, and probably will be quiet. If Mackan visibly follows SV around and discomfits her, then there is a wealth of remedy in various policies and guidelines to deal with it, which she or anyone else can invoke. Arbitration is the last resort of this, and yet whilst it is laudable to seek to help others, it is not at all clear to me that "other measures have failed" (or even that there is a genuiinely active problem of a magnitude to need it at present). Indeed most measures have not been sought or tried. And the concern that possible misconduct by Mackan (if a problem) could not be addressed by those processes seems unsupported at this time. The one circumstance I would accept would be if there was strong evidence of harassment by Mackan that could not be shown on-wiki which was of such a nature that it would be material to assessing the matter and yet could not be made public. Even then an Arbitrator might post that they have seen material X which shows Y, for some kinds of material. The other matter is, SV herself has not sought any action save avoidance of dispute, a sensible approach. This brief spat is due to a misjudged post of hers that she very quickly withdrew, and which he too withdrew his response to in recognition of her withdrawal, both of them apparently seeking to avoid dispute. Posting his comment to her talk page instead, for discussion, is not under that circumstance, an action I would say signifies an arbitration case is proven needed for stalking.
Pumpkin Muffins
QUOTE(FT2)
... If Mackan visibly follows SV around and discomfits her, then there is a wealth of remedy in various policies and guidelines to deal with it, which she or anyone else can invoke...

In other words, Mackan79 is now banned from any article the SV owns.
The Wales Hunter
Slimmy must own usernames now, too laugh.gif
Somey
This is probably as good a place as any to mention that we got an e-mail from Mr. Mackan79 the other day, politely asking everyone to please be more careful about potentially confusing him with User:Mackan, who is in fact a completely different person. I would have mentioned it earlier, but I got sidetracked a little bit there.

Also, I believe Mackan79's suggestion was that Slimmy and Crummy have an "off-wiki relationship" that could involve more than mere similarity in attitude towards "attack sites." I remember the last time I looked at Crummy's edits, I was about 98 percent convinced that they were two different people. The only reason I don't say "100 percent" is because it is theoretically possible. It's also conceivable that Crummy is a shared account between Slimmy and another person based in NYC, or who was using a proxy IP that geolocated there. But let's not kid ourselves - there are plenty of people out there who share Slimmy's agenda on Israel, so-called "new" antisemitism, and animal rights, and there's bound to be a percentage of those people who share her eagerness to "game the system" on WP in support of that agenda. She found someone like that in Crummy, and Crummy became an admin like many others who have supported Slimmy in the past. Nothing especially odd or weird about it, though it obviously does prolong the agony for everyone else.
Kato
CoolHandLuke has done his numbers / graph thing again, this time on Slum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mac..._go_any_further
QUOTE(CHLuke)
I decided to put their edits in the same spreadsheet I've used previously. Going back to September 18, 2006 (SlimVirgin's last 25,000 edits, and the last 9120 or so for Crum375), they have 385 edit collisions—that is, they edited during the same minute 385 times. I've also made these graphs that suggest that Crum375 lives on more regular hours, while SlimVirgin definitely does not.

Of course, Tony would tell you that these methods are untested so mean nothing. I just thought you should keep them in mind. If you still think SlimVirgin might have access to the Crum375 account, perhaps you could look at the edits that Crum375 made in the early morning when the account usually does not. I, at least, would demand a smoking gun, because I'm not seeing it here.

See also:

* Image:SlimVirgin Crum 4 month sample.png‎
* Image:Crum only.png
* Image:SlimVirgin only.png

Cool Hand Luke 16:42, 16 March 2008 (UTC)

Theres a few more graphs as well linked from the page. But as I suspected, there's no real correlation and no evidence that they're the same user.
[imgx]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/SlimVirgin_Crum.png[/imgx]
FORUM Image
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 17th March 2008, 6:10am) *

FORUM Image

The notable difference being that Crum at least requires a small amount of sleep. SV never sleeps.

Rummage, rummage, I remember a little exchange some time back on Factory Farming which proved that she also has no sense of humour:

I have to head off for a bit. I'll reply to the rest when I come back. SlimVirgin (talk)(contribs) 22:48, 7 July 2007 (UTC)

...folk lore has it you don't have a life wink.gif ... Spenny 23:15, 7 July 2007 (UTC)

That obviously hit home, because, after no mention, 6 days later, up it pops...

This page has seen a lot of personal attacks, which you are also engaged in, Spenny, referring to other editors' posts as ignorant and offensive, telling me you thought I had no life, and accusing editors of tag-teaming. All the personal attacks needs to stop, and the issues focused on. SlimVirgin (talk)(contribs) 22:48, 13 July 2007 (UTC)

The section in the archive 3RR is a classic, Crum calmly stating that 3RR between tag team members is perfectly legitimate and in no way against the spirit of the law - here.
jorge
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Mon 17th March 2008, 8:48am) *

The section in the archive 3RR is a classic, Crum calmly stating that 3RR between tag team members is perfectly legitimate and in no way against the spirit of the law - here.

This is one of the main problems currently with Wikipedia. It should be very easy to determine if a group of users is acting as a a team in reverting articles and subverting 3RR. They should then be warned about and if they don't stop, given a short block, and if they persist ultimately a permanent block.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 17th March 2008, 10:03am) *

This is one of the main problems currently with Wikipedia. It should be very easy to determine if a group of users is acting as a a team in reverting articles and subverting 3RR. They should then be warned about and if they don't stop, given a short block, and if they persist ultimately a permanent block.

Seeing that page reminds me that an over-excitable member of the tag-team there, Cerejota, who was always vocal on the Israeli Apartheid ArbCom ("Civility is at the heart of the matter, Thanks!") had sock like attributes, probably a meat rather than a sock. Having run around most enthusiastically sticking his nose into several disputes, he then vanished without comment, popping back for a very out of character edit (which made me think that he was a meat rather than a sock). I checked his contributions, and it seems like he is warming up again, which might be sock-like activity. On the other hand, he might be a sensible person who realised he had to get on with the real world and is now dipping in with minor tweaks.
Piperdown
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 16th March 2008, 4:11pm) *

Why is it that WP draws so many gamers (MMPORG) and drama queens?

i believe Crummy and Slimmy to be (most of the time, or at least at one time in the past) different people. I believe Crummy to be an older Canadian male (possibly living in NY per Word) based on his early edits.

i also know that GW=MM=TS=LE=EW, and believe per WB IP evidence, and Varkala Lull/Editing patterns per Luke/other (and on-WP behaviour) GW=SH.

this SV=Crum analysis, IMHO, is an excellent case for showing that SV <> Crum, and GW=as accused, in an objective way.

but jimmy's ringwraiths aren't objective, lol. even now, the eye of jimboraun is turning towards the W-R....take off the ring, Somey!
Achromatic
Oh dear. Apparently I am in disfavor.

Tony Sidaway claims that I am "lying" because I stated:

"You have stated that you have advised both SV and Mackan79 to avoid each other. However, you only saw fit to place such a warning of harassment on Mackan79's page. This appears neither objective nor impartial." (link)

Tony retorts that "Oh noes! Cabal! Off wiki sekrit lists!" in his remark stating that he advised SV "off-wiki". Completely manages to ignore, or fails to comprehend issue at hand, appearance of bias. (link)

I further clarify this, saying I have "no doubt" he was in communication with SV, but that to warn only one side of a dispute on their user page is "Not A Good Thing". (link)

Tony decides, ergo, that I am a liar (link), as, "if I knew that he'd have talked to SV, what's the problem". (link)

Someone agrees with me (link), so there's "Never mind the trolls, Tony, fight the good fight." Page is blanked, but alas, Tony isn't an admin, so he can't do a delete-restore. (link).

I suspect this will not receive any/a warm response, but we can but hope.
No one of consequence
QUOTE(Miltopia @ Sun 16th March 2008, 6:44pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 16th March 2008, 9:10am) *

???

I think he said "cockpuppet" on Mackan's talk page too. Must have been intentional :-D

I think it was an accident, there was a thread on one of the noticeboards where he asked if the block log could be purged by a developer to remove both the block and the unblock message.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(No one of consequence @ Mon 24th March 2008, 12:54am) *

QUOTE(Miltopia @ Sun 16th March 2008, 6:44pm) *

I think it was an accident, there was a thread on one of the noticeboards where he asked if the block log could be purged by a developer to remove both the block and the unblock message.

If unintentional it was nicely Freudian. And gives rise to a nice evolutionary term.

Cockpuppet: n. Variety of meatpuppet created by a sexual relationship and resulting sympatico, between editors. See WP:COCK.

Policy: Cockpuppets are discouraged unless they are poodles, in which case don't tell, and we won't ask. Husbands and wives, we don't want to know. Especially if one of you is from India. Try to keep your fraternizing off the 'pedia, folks. Like, get a room. And if you have a room, only one of you edit from it. Yuuuck, man. tongue.gif
SenseMaker
Crum375 is SlimVirgin at least part of the time. Everyone is aware of this, but SlimVirgin is a difficult character to deal with, and thus we (or at least many of us) pretend to not recognize this obvious relationship.
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(SenseMaker @ Thu 27th March 2008, 8:19pm) *

Crum375 is SlimVirgin at least part of the time. Everyone is aware of this, but SlimVirgin is a difficult character to deal with, and thus we (or at least many of us) pretend to not recognize this obvious relationship.

How would we know or prove it's sometimes her?
jorge
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Thu 27th March 2008, 9:20pm) *

See my post here . I think at least on that occasion it was SV operating the two accounts. Presumably if she's done it once she's done it a lot more times since noone will challenge her on it what with her being in that special group of users protected by Mr. Wales..
guy
Put the information to our good friend Mr. Lar and see if he thinks that the evidence is good enough for a checkuser.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Thu 27th March 2008, 9:20pm) *

You can't without IP confirm by Checkuser, and even then, that only shows the same computer. They're obviously close, and the easiest guess is that Crum is the Crummy husband of SV (who is virginal only psychologically not unlike Elizabeth I, as we've noted). Either that, or it's one of her poodles. Anyway, its a meat of some kind, and probably this meat is a little "off." Cause it smells JUST like a well-seasoned sock.

I wouldn't be surprised if Crum doesn't operate through an open proxy. Which itself is blockable on sight. (In fact, mentioning that, I'm amazed nobody ever brought it up in the Samiharris debate. They should have indef-blocked Sami for operating off an open proxy alone, and then gone home.)
Kato

No evidence has ever indicated that Crum and Slim are anything other than two editors in close contact. On the contrary, all the evidence I have seen (and I've seen a lot) says to me that they are different people.

It is more accurate to say "everyone is aware that they are in close contact and operate as proxies for each other".

(To be honest, if I have to come down here and dispell this Slim=Crum meme again, I'll be cracking heads. Because I seem to have been doing it for an eternity.) dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.