Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jayjg denounces tag-teaming
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
Heat
Jay "watch my back" jg has denounced tag-teaming!

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=207996013

I haven't really followed the issue that closely, but from what I've seen on Wikipedia, the group didn't actually do very much, aside from sending around various e-mails. Nevertheless, EI's spin is being accepted as fact, and a [[witch-hunt]] has ensued, along with some pretty hysterical rhetoric, and various other panicky responses, many amusing or sad depending on your perspective (the ritual marking of any article mentioned on the list was a particularly absurd touch). And, as was to be expected, several of Zeq's ideological foes were all hypocritically outdoing themselves with self-righteous comments, ignoring the fact that they do exactly what that CAMERA list was allegedly intended to do, but never actually did - tag-teaming and POVing various I-P related articles, particularly ones edited by Zeq or Jaakobou. All-in-all, a sorry mess from start to finish; let's hope the ArbCom can sort it out. [[User:Jayjg|Jayjg ]]<sup><small><font color="DarkGreen">[[User_talk:Jayjg|(talk)]]</font></small></sup> 00:36, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
Saltimbanco
I haven't really followed the issue that closely, but from what I've seen on Wikipedia, the group didn't actually do very much, aside from sending around various e-mails. Nevertheless, EI's spin is being accepted as fact, and a [[witch-hunt]] has ensued, along with some pretty hysterical rhetoric, and various other panicky responses, many amusing or sad depending on your perspective (the ritual marking of any article mentioned on the list was a particularly absurd touch). And, as was to be expected, several of Zeq's ideological foes were all hypocritically outdoing themselves with self-righteous comments, ignoring the fact that they do exactly what that CAMERA list was allegedly intended to do, but never actually did - tag-teaming and POVing various I-P related articles, particularly ones edited by Zeq or Jaakobou. All-in-all, a sorry mess from start to finish; let's hope the ArbCom can sort it out. [[User:Jayjg|Jayjg ]]<sup><small><font color="DarkGreen">[[User_talk:Jayjg|(talk)]]</font></small></sup> 00:36, 25 April 2008 (UTC)

What a fucking asshole.
Herschelkrustofsky
It has crossed my mind that Zeq could be a Jayjg sock, with the dim-witted persona carefully crafted to disguise Jayjg's devious and calculating approach.
Moulton
Pass that idea along to Dmcdevit and see if he picks up the ball and runs with it.
guy
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sat 26th April 2008, 10:26am) *

Pass that idea along to Dmcdevit and see if he picks up the ball and runs with it.

Naah! He'll say it's a Runcorn sock.
Moulton
Super. Now we have two competing theories, with distinct predictions.

What's needed next is the indicated experiment to discover what, in fact, he actually does when confronted with the forensic evidence at hand.
Rootology
Why doesn't someone respond to that post of his with the link to the wikien-l screw up when his email to other editors to back up his editing of the Messianic Jews article, and ask him when he changed his position on tag-teaming?

You remember, the one he accidentally sent to the general mail list instead of his private mail list that he uses to coordinate with other editors.
KamrynMatika
Someone has conveniently deleted all the criticism from the lead, in
violation of [[WP:LEAD]].

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=175525305

I'm planning to go in tonight and do some re-adding and tagging. Will
you be able to watch my back?

Jayjg, in an email to wikien-l, December 20 2007
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Rootology @ Sat 26th April 2008, 12:41pm) *

Why doesn't someone respond to that post of his with the link to the wikien-l screw up when his email to other editors to back up his editing of the Messianic Jews article, and ask him when he changed his position on tag-teaming?

You remember, the one he accidentally sent to the general mail list instead of his private mail list that he uses to coordinate with other editors.

WR has several threads discussing that incident.

Here's one — Messianic Jayjgism.

Jon cool.gif
Saltimbanco
QUOTE(Rootology @ Sat 26th April 2008, 12:41pm) *

Because JayJG already knows that he's a phony, and he knows that he'll never have to answer for it. It would be something like pointing out to the Ku Klux Klan that their policies are racist.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Sat 26th April 2008, 9:45am) *

Someone has conveniently deleted all the criticism from the lead, in
violation of [[WP:LEAD]].

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=175525305

I'm planning to go in tonight and do some re-adding and tagging. Will
you be able to watch my back?

Jayjg, in an email to wikien-l, December 20 2007
Thanks for the diffs, Kamryn. This one goes into "Great moments in Wikipedia history."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.