Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joshua claims some sexual action
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JoshuaZ
The Wales Hunter
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=211138829

Guy, I understand where you are coming from, but NPOV more or less says we shouldn't let our personal views figure into deletions. The fact that ED is composed almost exclusively a bunch of complete shitheads who probably get laid even less often than I do and will go shoot themselves in a few years when they realize they haven't contributed anything to humanity at all shouldn't factor into our decision. JoshuaZ (talk) 23:02, 8 May 2008 (UTC)

On a serious note, the deletion review appears to be heading towards a relisting of the ED article at AFD - even Sceptre (the self-professed "poster child of ED") has advocated a relisting.

Relist at AFD, but keep the article permanently full-protected if it is kept - even as Wikipedia's anti-ED poster child, I think the source just pushes it into notability. Just. The problems with an ED article now are troll attacks - the former can really only be dealt with by protecting, as any Grawp-basher knows - trolls from the 4chan family of websites are the most persistent. Do note, that even if the article is kept, the site can not be linked to directly - Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/MONGO explicitly disallows any links to the site, and the remedy (and enforcement) was upheld two months ago (annoyingly, using my ED page as a reason for denying links). Sceptre (talk) 19:43, 8 May 2008 (UTC)

Giggy
QUOTE(The Wales Hunter @ Fri 9th May 2008, 11:17am) *

...who probably get laid even less often than I do...

Awaiting the inevitable caption contest style quote...
Castle Rock
QUOTE(The Wales Hunter @ Thu 8th May 2008, 6:17pm) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=211138829

Guy, I understand where you are coming from, but NPOV more or less says we shouldn't let our personal views figure into deletions. The fact that ED is composed almost exclusively a bunch of complete shitheads who probably get laid even less often than I do and will go shoot themselves in a few years when they realize they haven't contributed anything to humanity at all shouldn't factor into our decision. JoshuaZ (talk) 23:02, 8 May 2008 (UTC)

On a serious note, the deletion review appears to be heading towards a relisting of the ED article at AFD - even Sceptre (the self-professed "poster child of ED") has advocated a relisting.

Relist at AFD, but keep the article permanently full-protected if it is kept - even as Wikipedia's anti-ED poster child, I think the source just pushes it into notability. Just. The problems with an ED article now are troll attacks - the former can really only be dealt with by protecting, as any Grawp-basher knows - trolls from the 4chan family of websites are the most persistent. Do note, that even if the article is kept, the site can not be linked to directly - Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/MONGO explicitly disallows any links to the site, and the remedy (and enforcement) was upheld two months ago (annoyingly, using my ED page as a reason for denying links). Sceptre (talk) 19:43, 8 May 2008 (UTC)

Perhaps somebody at the Review who is more mathematically inclined than me can explain what "less than nothing is."

He already voted to relist, why does he have to add these mealy-mouthed qualifiers too?
Random832
QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Fri 9th May 2008, 1:51am) *

Perhaps somebody at the Review who is more mathematically inclined than me can explain what "less than nothing is."

Well, that would be a negative quantity, obviously. And, the opposite of getting laid is, obviously

*drumroll*

being stood up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.