Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member of Wikipedia's Muslim Guild, now banned, in the papers over targeting Jews for terrorism...
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Selina
uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090107/tuk-sir-alan-target-for-extremists-6323e80.html
According to a newspaper, the multi-millionaire businessman [ Sir Alan Sugar ] was named on an Islamic website along with pop producer Mark Ronson, Foreign Secretary David Miliband and Labour peer Lord Levy.

One strand on the site asks for help compiling a list of "those who support Israel", the paper said, while another asks: "Have we got a list of top Jews we can target?"

I googled "Have we got a list of top Jews we can target" and got this (sad how it takes the gutter press to be the only ones brave enough to print the details, I don't see any mention of who this guy or the web forum in question is on other sites)

so I then typed in Saladin1970 and was surprised to see he's on Wikipedia as well, apparently was one of the founding members of it's "Muslim Guild" (aka POV enforcer tagteam like most of the "wiki groups")

apparently banned, with Jzg involved (on the talk page) - though he gets a lot of flak on here (so much that I don't read it all anymore lol) at least he did something right...

http://markmail.org/message/ssbeeclgtlagzjen
signs off as "abu hamza", famous over here as a preacher of hate (you may have seen pictures of him, he has a hook for one of his hands) and supporter of Al Qaeda (possibly involved) who was deported from the UK a while ago, he isn't him though, guess the guy is his idol...

edit: hmm apparently is high up or owns some organisation, reminds me of this other "home grown" guy (background here for those not in the UK!)...
EricBarbour
It seems to me that if you told the fools at the Sun about this guys' connection to Wikipedia, you could stir up a whole lot of nastiness. I can just picture the headline, across from the page 3 chick's boobs:
WIKIPEDIA IS SECRET TERROR HUB
or somesuch. Perhaps this would be good publicity for them, perhaps bad. At least, judging from the way they've been doing their "war on terror" crap lately, the British government will start targeting Jimbo for surveillance. He deserves to be paranoid.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Selina @ Tue 6th January 2009, 11:40pm) *

uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090107/tuk-sir-alan-target-for-extremists-6323e80.html
According to a newspaper, the multi-millionaire businessman was named on an Islamic website along with pop producer Mark Ronson, Foreign Secretary David Miliband and Labour peer Lord Levy.

One strand on the site asks for help compiling a list of "those who support Israel", the paper said, while another asks: "Have we got a list of top Jews we can target?"

I googled "Have we got a list of top Jews we can target" and got this (sad how it takes the gutter press to be the only ones brave enough to print the details, I don't see any mention of who this guy or the web forum in question is on other sites)

so I then typed in Saladin1970 and was surprised to see he's on Wikipedia as well, apparently was one of the founding members of it's "Muslim Guild" (aka POV enforcer tagteam like most of the "wiki groups")

apparently banned, with Jzg involved (on the talk page) - though he gets a lot of flak on here (so much that I don't read it all anymore lol) at least he did something right...

http://markmail.org/message/ssbeeclgtlagzjen
signs off as "abu hamza", famous over here as a preacher of hate (you may have seen pictures of him, he has a hook for one of his hands) and supporter of Al Qaeda (possibly involved) who was deported from the UK a while ago, he isn't him though, guess the guy is his idol...

edit: hmm apparently is high up or owns some organisation, reminds me of this guy...

Wikipedia is full of the dregs of society of all persuasions, so what is your point? Just to stir vindictive feelings against Muslims again?
Selina
"again"?? and no, I just thought it was interesting, it was a bit weird when being curious (if an article sounds interesting I often try dig a little it's better than taking the news site's word for it) I see Wikipedia crop up
Somey
Apparently Saladin1970 (T-C-L-K-R-D) hasn't returned to Wikipedia after being blocked back in 2006, after losing this ArbCom appeal. At first the block was indefinite, but then it was set to expire in August 2007... Not that it necessarily matters.

It might be interesting to speculate on whether or not bring blocked on Wikipedia (and similar sites) over ideological and political disputes might start someone on the road to "real-world" terrorist or other violent activity, but it seems a little far-fetched, and any evidence of that would be anecdotal at best.

Still, people should always be careful with those ban-buttons. You just never know what you might start!
The Wales Hunter
"...targetting Jews for terrorism."

At least it's not just the Sun, the best-selling English language newspaper in the world, who are guilty of sensationalism laugh.gif

Edit: Anyway, for anyone who wants such a list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Jews
Gold heart
QUOTE(Selina @ Wed 7th January 2009, 4:40am) *

Abu Hamza, don't think he's deported.
Queeran

Would some site administrator be so kind as to remove the above racist pile of nonsensical pig shit? Alternatively I'd be happy to offer up several counterpoints. I've lived in Israel as a Muslim, spent several years taking refuge there because my parents and "fellow Muslims" couldn't handle my sexuality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.