Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nigel Farage UKIP
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
RMHED
EU supporter Setwisohi clearly wants the lead of the Nigel Farage article to be rather weighted.

The Godfrey Bloom article is a fine example of an utterly shite BLP.

So no POV pushing going on there then, carry on Setwisohi you're doing sterling work.

(Nice userbox he created too.)
CharlotteWebb
Ah well Wikipedia is teeming with EU propagandists. I noticed this curious essay a few months ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Eur...asked_questions

Their rationalization for excluding all criticism from the EU article (or even linking to it) is that there are simply too many criticisms, you see, and it would be unfair to pick out a few of the most valid concerns.

Granted I wouldn't count on the contributors in question to know which belong on a top-ten list and which are straw-men from day one.

Damn I feel like climbing the Reichstag.
Kato
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sun 14th June 2009, 2:06am) *

Ah well Wikipedia is teeming with EU propagandists.

The EU has propagandists?

To be fair, 90% of the negative stories about the EU over the years have been utter nonsense. Each country has its own urban legends. In Spain, the myth for years was that the EU were banning the Spanish from growing and selling olives. In the UK, there were all these bogus stories going round about EU directives determining the sizes of sausages and bananas. None of these were true.

The worst thing about the EU is that it lacks accountability and is ultimately anti-democratic. But there are lots of benefits to EU membership. Just ask the Irish.
sbrown
QUOTE(RMHED @ Mon 8th June 2009, 1:18am) *

(Nice userbox he created too.)

Now if Lady Thatcher edited WP hed be blocked for a personal attack.

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 14th June 2009, 2:25am) *

But there are lots of benefits to EU membership. Just ask the Irish.

Or the Czechs.
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(sbrown @ Sun 14th June 2009, 6:50am) *

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 14th June 2009, 2:25am) *

But there are lots of benefits to EU membership. Just ask the Irish.

Or the Czechs.

But you forgot Poland.â„¢

However I understand Germany is expected to sign the Lisbon Pact ca. June 30.
JohnA
That WP biography of Nigel Farage is a WP:COATRACK or I have never seen one. A complete disgrace.

And no, I don't subscribe to Farage's political views.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.