Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia "Founder" Jimmy Wales & MacArthur president
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
thekohser
Same old summary of Wikipedia per the "founder's" vision. Only interesting part, to me, was the very first moment how Jimbo's facial features react when he's introduced as "founder" of Wikipedia. It's like he's biologically uncomfortable with the lie that he's now successfully perpetuated, even up to the level of the MacArthur Foundation.

I sense that he's on a path to one of those MacArthur Fellows "Genius Grants" soon. I might vomit on that day.

There's another spot that may be of interest (around 13:45) where Wales talks about vandalism of Wikipedia, and he notes that graffiti in the Chicago subway system is "not really destroying anything". Is this the new standard that Wikipedia should strive for? All the beauty and serenity of a subway station wall?
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 17th June 2009, 9:39am) *

All the beauty and serenity of a subway station wall?

The words of the profits ...

Ja Ja boing.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 17th June 2009, 9:42am) *

Ja Ja boing.gif

So many layers to that one, Jonny. You got the Rush reference (one of Jimbo's favorite bands) in there (which I suppose is itself a reference to Simon & Garfunkel), and the deliberate spelling of "profits". Damn, you're good.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 17th June 2009, 10:15am) *

Ja Ja boing.gif

So many layers to that one, Jonny. You got the Rush reference (one of Jimbo's favorite bands) in there (which I suppose is itself a reference to Simon & Garfunkel), and the deliberate spelling of "profits". Damn, you're good.

And don't forget the sub[way]txt of the font and color …

Jon Image
thekohser
QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 17th June 2009, 10:20am) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 17th June 2009, 10:15am) *

Ja Ja boing.gif

And don't forget the sub[way]txt of the font and color …

Jon Image

Are you saying the system is fixed, and there's blood on the hands of the profiteer?
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 17th June 2009, 10:24am) *

Are you saying the system is fixed, and there's blood on the hands of the profiteer?

That's moraless the right ∠♥ ...
It's the f00d00 that Jimb00 d00 so wale ...

Jon tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.