Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why wikipedia is like eternal life - ScienceBlogs
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Wed 5th August 2009, 3:12pm) *

William Connolley blogs about having a lot of his memories stored online, even as he's forgotten them himself. Aren't you edified?
Kato
I wonder if Connolley remembers any of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...er:Inclusionist
Somey
First of all, people aren't going to start leaving their Gmail passwords in their wills - he can forget about that right now. Google is just going to have to deal with it somehow, that's all there is to it!

Moreover, it's telling that he would recommend the novel Icehenge, the title of which refers to a circle of perfectly carved ice blocks found on Pluto by a future space expedition, as an introduction to Kim Stanley Robinson's ideas regarding the potential undesirable side-effects of longevity drugs. This themes is much more pointedly explored in Green Mars, except in that novel he allows for the possibility of additional treatments to combat the mental degradation caused by living to an extreme old age.

I can certainly see why he'd be a big fan of Kim Stanley Robinson, who is probably the most active "Hard SF" writer in the field of climate-change-related fiction. I wonder if he's read The Years of Rice and Salt? hmmm.gif
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Kato @ Wed 5th August 2009, 7:29pm) *
I wonder if Connolley remembers any of this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...er:Inclusionist

Hah. That begs another question:

When will Brother Connolley get his own Notable Editor subforum?

I will add up the threads for ya:

Abd vs Connolley

Giano wants to "do something"

Vs. Lawrence Solomon (his name was misspelled)

The Opinionator (name misspelled)

Must be another fun day (name misspelled)

blocks Damian (name misspelled)

Six threads--going back to 2006.
Is THAT enough to qualify him as a BADmin?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.