Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tamer Hosny
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
The Joy
Tamer Hosny (T-H-L-K-D)

What a terrible article. Most of it is full of "citation needed" warnings. So much bad grammar, too.

In the holy month of Ramadan Tamer Hosny could be seen in a song called "shahri Ramadan" [the month of Ramadan] that was really appreciated by the people in the Muslim world,[citation needed] especially when the song encourages fasting and praying.

I would think most conservative Muslims would be against modern music? I can't even tell from the article what type of music he plays. He looks like a rapper.

The article needs some serious maintenance. particularly for a BLP article. It doesn't help that an edit war over his Syrian background is being waged. hrmph.gif
Nerd
People who add citation needed tags in this nature need a damn good slap. If an article is generally unreferenced, there's a perfectly good {{unreferenced}} tag to use. Littering the article with tags in that way is really unhelpful.
taiwopanfob
QUOTE(Nerd @ Thu 3rd September 2009, 10:26pm) *
Littering the article with tags in that way is really unhelpful.

Seems to me it would force any editors to carefully read each and every sentence, reference them, and then remove the citation request.

Can the same be said of a general unreferenced tag? Probably not: someone would add one (1) reference, remove the tag, and then go back to Drama Channel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.