Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Boreanaz
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
thekohser
Could you imagine this appearing in a print encyclopedia?

In 2009, the Star magazine tabloid ran a brief piece accusing Boreanaz of cheating on his wife with Rachel Uchitel, the same woman who allegedly had an affair with Tiger Woods later that year. No proof has been offered to support this other than a text message that Woods allegedly sent to Uchitel describing an erotic dream he'd had. Although there is one picture of Boreanaz and Uchitel together, this was taken at the Rock of Ages event in New York City he attended one night and was one of more than a hundred pictures he took with both his male and female fans. The rumor didn't last long and has been discredited several times; Boreanaz himself never even bothered to respond to the rumors and he and his wife have suffered no marital problems since the story ran.

Fortunately, Wikipedia is able to clean up stuff like that, so that in less than a month's time and after about 88,000 page views, the improved text now reads:

In 2009, the Star magazine tabloid ran a brief piece accusing Boreanaz of cheating on his wife with Rachel Uchitel, the same woman who allegedly had an affair with Tiger Woods later that year. Although there is one picture of Boreanaz and Uchitel together, this was taken at the Rock of Ages event in New York City he attended one night and was one of more than a hundred pictures he took with both his male and female fans. The rumor didn't last long and has been discredited several times; Boreanaz himself never even bothered to respond to the rumors and he and his wife have suffered no marital problems since the story ran.

Is this referenced back to any independent source?

No, it is not.

So, who added this breathless trivia?

An encyclopedia editor named "Electra91".

She herself states that, "My main focus of using Wikipedia is not to check historical/scholarly based research efforts", and "My main focus is on the media -- television shows, movies, books, and music that I'm interested in."

OMG, I am soooooo in love with you, Electra!

wub.gif jawdrop.gif sick.gif

Learning more about Electra91 on her personal web page, it is no surprise to find that:

My favorite actor is David Boreanaz - he is (to me, anyway) the most gorgeous man to ever walk the face of the Earth, and on top of that is a very talented character actor. I found it incredibly impressive the way he managed to shift from Angel (who is a very multifaceted character in and of itself) to Angelus (Angel's evil alter-ego -- David Boreanaz plays a truly amazing bad guy) and then to Seeley Booth on Bones, a smart-ass FBI agent.

Electra also owns "more than two hundred" books.

This is an excellent encyclopedia you have here, Wikipedia. I especially like how the highly-watched, popular BLPs are free of any unsubstantiated fancruft.
Jon Awbrey
[Mods, Please delete this post. Thanks —JA]
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 20th January 2010, 3:45pm) *

OMG, I am soooooo in love with you, Electra!

If you like Electra on Wikipedia, you ought to see her reclining on her white bedsheets as the first sunbeams of the day filter through her window, casting a golden glow across her soft flesh.

In other words, morning becomes Electra! smile.gif
carbuncle
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 20th January 2010, 8:45pm) *

Is that including or separate from "graphic novels"?
Milton Roe
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Wed 20th January 2010, 3:08pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 20th January 2010, 8:45pm) *

Is that including or separate from "graphic novels"?

I had 200 books in high school. By now, god knows. All the walls are covered in Ikea, anyway, so it saves on having to put up Punk Rock posters or something.

As I think I mentioned, the real problem is not hoarding but the sacred nature of books. You can't burn them, because that's a sin. And they look so forlorn in the trash. You think, perhaps somebody would want to read Modern Banking (1962), for historical value. And there's a natural question in Why Marx, Why Lenin?, even though I never really asked it. Gold Coins of the World (1979) has pretty pictures and is a wonderful coffee table book, if I only had a coffee table (tried that-- broke under weight of books inside a month).

Okay, I've admitted to inability to rid myself of cats and books. And I have a collection of really, really good flashlights, as I hate to be without one that works. I think that's it. It's surely everything I'm going to mention on-line. ermm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.