Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Mark Karr
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
RMHED
John Mark Karr was the man who made the confession in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

This is basically just a BLP1E albeit one that got a lot of media hoopla. Karr has never been found guilty of any crimes, yet the first sentence of this article refers to him as an alleged pedophile. Karr may well be an unsavoury individual but can an article of this sort really be justified simply because of the media coverage. This isn't a biography it's more like a police charge sheet.

Nice use of the mugshot photo too, it helps to reinforce the perception of guilt. Not to mention some interesting category inclusions. Oh, and of the 60 impressive references only about half actually work.

All in all a revolting mess.
MZMcBride
QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 16th March 2010, 9:50pm) *
This is basically just a BLP1E albeit one that got a lot of media hoopla. Karr has never been found guilty of any crimes, yet the first sentence of this article refers to him as an alleged pedophile.
I removed the part about him being an alleged pedophile. Not sure what the fuck that's about. There is a comment in the article from "longtime friend of the Karr family" George McCrary that calls him a pedophile, but, uh, that's not really reliable.

Nice use of the mugshot photo too, it helps to reinforce the perception of guilt.
Perception of guilt? You're referring to the guy who made a false confession?

All in all a revolting mess.
Aye. Not sure why you expected anything else, really. This is Wikipedia, after all.

Though, when choosing which battles to pick in the biographies of living people war, I'm not sure I'd voluntarily pick John Mark Karr as my frontman. To call him "unsavory" would be an understatement....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.