Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kent Glowinski‎
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
Hipocrite
So, Kent Glowinski‎ is just some guy who cared a lot about politics 10-12 years ago. Now he's got a bio on the worlds best defamation machine. He wants it deleted, but who rides to the rescue?

The article canvassing squadron!
Ottava
Links: article and 2nd deletion nomination.

Apparently, he requested deletion via an Arbitrator. I wonder how that fits in with the previous BLP ruling by ArbCom (if it does).
carbuncle
It looks like Kent has a reason for not wanting a bio up on WP for people to expand.
The B.C. government has chased Kent Glowinski through the courts for a year, with eight court dates - so far - resulting in a hefty stack of affidavits, applications, motions and amendments. The main trial hasn't even started yet.

Unless this case is precedent setting, it likely isn't reason to keep the article against the subject's wishes.
EricBarbour
How bizarre that Silver seren (T-C-L-K-R-D) wants to save this article.

Principally because of what he said here.
Do we not want the truth on Wikipedia?

Then we should embrace those definitive sources, not push them away.

This is the greatest reason why I believe the project will fail. But there are others, not including those that actively try to make the project fail.

If you go look at my list of userboxes, you would notice that I have one that says "I am not an administrator and I never want to be one". I stand by that pledge. I do not wish to join the group that steps on users, uncaring for what they want to do to improve the project, and drives them away just because they want to flex their muscles. Admins are one of the greatest sources of destruction of the project. They are not helpful, not instructive, not wanting to assume good faith. They kick new users, revert everything they do because they did it wrong, even though they're still learning.

Ryulong will forever remain the absolute example of this type of admin to me. I've watched everything, silently, for years. I have seen the pain he has caused and the countless droves of new users he has squashed. I have seen him blatantly break the rules time and time again and get away with it because he has his own cabal of admins that support him. So, he can do no wrong. Even when he reverts actual edits in an RfC or a discussion about his actions, when he deletes things said about him that are in the slightest bit negative. And for all of that, he just got a slight slap on the wrist. It was only when the evidence of his actions piled too high for his cabal to shovel away was he finally truly reprimanded. I practically cheered when he was desysopped.

That guy should be on WR, dammit.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.