Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ricky Nelson
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
MookieZ
Are you like me? Have you always wanted to know if Ricky Nelson (T-H-L-K-D) ever had sex with a black hooker? And if so, how old he was? Well, never fear:
Nelson was sexually precocious and recounted two different versions of his first sexual experience. In one, he was thirteen and his sexual partner a teenage maid working for a neighbor. In the other, he was a fourteen-year-old vacationing overseas with family and his partner a London prostitute rounded-up by his brother and an American friend.[67][68] At sixteen, he availed himself of prostitutes while participating in weeklong tennis tours around the United States. One night, Nelson and his fellow tennis players paid to have sex with an African-American prostitute in a midwestern brothel.[67]
Ahh... OK. 16 years old. Got it.

Now, what about Kris Harmon, Ricky's wife? Has she ever had sex in Ronald and Nancy Reagan's bed?
In 1976, Kris and seventeen-year-old Ronald Reagan, Jr. were discovered making love in his parents' bed by Secret Service agents.[97]
Kris Harmon (T-H-L-K-D) has her own wikipedia article, essentially consisting of a word-for-word copy of the worst parts of her husband's article.

Now, what about the drug use of Ricky's first wife's brother's wife?
Harmon dropped his custody bid when Kris's lawyer insinuated witnesses could be produced who had snorted cocaine with Harmon's wife, Pam Dawber.[147][148]
I know when I read about someone, I'm always interested in the behavior of people tangentially related to them.

There's plenty more where that came from, too. I didn't bother with the mystery lesbian hooker that Rick fell in love with. Or with Georgeann Crewe, who I'd spend most of my time trying to get away from too.

I can see why an encyclopedia article could delve into someone's personal life so deeply. Andrew Jackson, perhaps. But Ricky Nelson was just a singer/songwriter/kind-of actor. Not so important that we need to know every gossipy detail about his life.

(Ricky Nelson is dead, of course; I put this in the BLP forum as Pam Dawber and Kris Harmon are still alive, as far as I know.)
A Horse With No Name
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself. ermm.gif
EricBarbour
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 14th May 2010, 9:19am) *

And that's what Wikipedians do.
They pleasure themselves, like berserk robots.

In addition to all its other "firsts" as an online "encyclopedia-thing", Wikipedia is the first
to allow the insertion of scurrilous rumor and celebrity tittle-tattle into biographies. What a
major advance. bored.gif
Subtle Bee
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 14th May 2010, 12:45pm) *

...worst...simile...ever... sick.gif
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(Subtle Bee @ Fri 14th May 2010, 4:07pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 14th May 2010, 12:45pm) *

…worst…simile…ever… sick.gif

Resistance is futile —

You will be a-simile-ated —

Jon alien.gif
Moulton
QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 14th May 2010, 12:19pm) *

Been there, done that.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 14th May 2010, 2:35pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 14th May 2010, 12:19pm) *

Been there, done that.

The sin of Onan revisited.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(MookieZ @ Fri 14th May 2010, 7:26am) *

I can see why an encyclopedia article could delve into someone's personal life so deeply. Andrew Jackson, perhaps. But Ricky Nelson was just a singer/songwriter/kind-of actor. Not so important that we need to know every gossipy detail about his life.
You got any good dirt on Andrew Jackson? I'll swap you a salacious item on Garry Kasparov, to wit, the Flying Penis Incident.
ulsterman
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 15th May 2010, 7:59pm) *

I'll swap you a salacious item on Garry Kasparov, to wit, the Flying Penis Incident.

Too late! No less a grandee than Nuclear Warfare has deleted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=361617995

Here's the text before it gets oversighted by someone alleging WP:BLP.

=== "Flying Penis" incident ==

In May [[2008]], Kasparov held a press conference critical of the government, and addressed over five hundred political activists. [[Young Russia]] activists attempted to disrupt his speech by attaching a large model of a [[penis]] and [[testicles]] to a toy [[helicopter]] and flying it into the room, circling it around until one of Kasparov's bodyguards swatted it down. Videos of the incident became widely popular on the internet.<ref>[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vEFpTETuNs&NR=1&feature=fvwp Remote-controlled penis disrupts rally] (Official news channel of [[ITN News Network]])</ref>

Still, it was scarcely salacious. It wasn't his penis or even a real one.
Herschelkrustofsky
That was a rapid response to a WR post. How come that doesn't happen when we discuss really serious defamation and violations of BLP around here?
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 15th May 2010, 4:49pm) *
That was a rapid response to a WR post.
How come that doesn't happen when we discuss
really serious defamation and violations of BLP
around here?

Ask Nuke---he's the admin who watches these threads, and (sometimes) does something.
NuclearWarfare
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 16th May 2010, 1:53am) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 15th May 2010, 4:49pm) *
That was a rapid response to a WR post.
How come that doesn't happen when we discuss
really serious defamation and violations of BLP
around here?

Ask Nuke---he's the admin who watches these threads, and (sometimes) does something.

I do something when I bother to take a look at it. Nothing else to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.