Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo contacting Mimi Macpherson
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion > The Jimbo Phenomenon
thekohser
Jimbo plans another online friendship with an attractive young lady.

Be careful if you run a Google image search for Mimi Macpherson. That's all I'll say about this matter.
carbuncle
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 27th July 2010, 12:06pm) *

Be careful if you run a Google image search for Mimi Macpherson. That's all I'll say about this matter.

Mimi who? I looked her up on WP but there's no article on her. Perhaps she opted out?
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Tue 27th July 2010, 8:56am) *

Mimi who? I looked her up on WP but there's no article on her. Perhaps she opted out?

Clearly very imprtant stuff:

Comment/Question/Request Would it be possible to postpone this DRV for a couple of weeks. My discussion with the subject of the article about the possibilities of the article continue, and she has asked for some time to think about it and will get back to me soon. As you can imagine if you google her name, the bulk of what is on the Internet and easily accessible to her is negative to the point of offense, and I made the case to her that a solid Wikipedia entry on her - if such can be created - could be beneficial. I would like the opportunity to explore further with her to learn more about what quality non-tabloid sources, possibly from pre-Internet days, could be found. If nothing more useful could be found than what existed at time of deletion, I would still support deletion. Serious efforts were made to improve the article, and it was significantly improved, but it still amounted to nothing more than a string of non-notable events which would not have been in the press save for her sister. I think more time, before a definitive discussion is held, would be useful.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 09:35, 30 June 2010 (UTC)

Presumably only very pretty people get such treatment. dry.gif
Brutus
Has anyone seen her "private" home movie evilgrin.gif that did the rounds a few years ago?
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Tue 27th July 2010, 9:50am) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Tue 27th July 2010, 8:56am) *

Clearly very important stuff:

Comment/Question/Request Would it be possible to postpone this DRV for a couple of weeks. My discussion with the subject of the article about the possibilities of the article continue, and she has asked for some time to think about it and will get back to me soon. As you can imagine if you google her name, the bulk of what is on the Internet and easily accessible to her is negative to the point of offense, and I made the case to her that a solid Wikipedia entry on her — if such can be created — could be beneficial. I would like the opportunity to explore further with her to learn more about what quality non-tabloid sources, possibly from pre-Internet days, could be found. If nothing more useful could be found than what existed at time of deletion, I would still support deletion. Serious efforts were made to improve the article, and it was significantly improved, but it still amounted to nothing more than a string of non-notable events which would not have been in the press save for her sister. I think more time, before a definitive discussion is held, would be useful. —Jimbo Wales (talk) 09:35, 30 June 2010 (UTC)

Presumably only very pretty people get such treatment. dry.gif

“a solid Wikipedia entry on her …”

I tried to write a parody of this — but couldn't out-parody the master of auto-parody himself. I'll bet he has a version of that shaggy dog line printed on the back of his self-intro personal cards.

Jon tongue.gif
dogbiscuit
Three drink driving charges against her according to Google - that's certainly Jimbo material.
Moulton
We need a seminal idea here...

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 27th July 2010, 10:42am) *
“a solid Wikipedia entry on her …”

It appears the situation is still very fluid at the moment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.