Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo finally finds work with mainstream media
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion > The Jimbo Phenomenon
thekohser
I'm happy that Jimbo has finally landed a minor, minor, C-list "celebrity" spot on a mainstream media network. That should help cover the trailer park association fees.
Jon Awbrey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 30th August 2010, 12:07pm) *

I'm happy that Jimbo has finally landed a minor, minor, C-list "celebrity" spot on a mainstream media network. That should help cover the trailer park association fees.

From Monday, 30 August, CNN International launches ‘Global Connections’, a new programming segment within ‘Connect the World’. Each week the network invites guests into the studio to give background information on two featured countries, starting with Brazil and Nigeria.

Yup, if there's anyone more well-connected than the Nation of Nigeria, it would be Jimbo.

Jon tongue.gif
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(CNN)

In launch week, ‘Global Connections’ asks viewers; ‘what links Brazil and Nigeria?’.

With special thanks to Luís Henrique, the answer is the 1996 Olympic soccer semi-finals.
thekohser
Jimbo makes his debut!

"Jimmy Wales heads up Wikipedia..."

And at 3:50 -- Brazilian video content for Horsey!

Jimbo actually did a nice job on this session. I felt like I was back in Quiz Bowl or College Bowl days again, trying to dream up creative toss-up questions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.