Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comic-style guides in Wikipedia
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
thekohser
I have to ask, if stuff as shown here and shown here is allowed into Wikimedia projects, why aren't we doing more to encourage Cock-Up-Over-Conspiracy to tone down (just a tad) a few of his comic-style pieces, and let's get them into Wikipedia!
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 9th November 2010, 12:06pm) *

I have to ask, if stuff as shown here and shown here is allowed into Wikimedia projects, why aren't we doing more to encourage Cock-Up-Over-Conspiracy to tone down (just a tad) a few of his comic-style pieces, and let's get them into Wikipedia!

I thought we did try to get him to tone those down, and he wouldn't do it...? unsure.gif

I have to say, that puzzle-piece-headed stick figure is kind of disturbing-looking. I predict he'll soon join Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Pyramid Head (T-H-L-K-D), Predator, and Pisshead (T-H-L-K-D) in the 'Pedia Pantheon of Preternatural Personalities With Scary-Looking Heads Whose Names Begin With P.
Eva Destruction
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 9th November 2010, 7:33pm) *

I have to say, that puzzle-piece-headed stick figure is kind of disturbing-looking. I predict he'll soon join Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Pyramid Head (T-H-L-K-D), Predator, and Pisshead (T-H-L-K-D) in the 'Pedia Pantheon of Preternatural Personalities With Scary-Looking Heads Whose Names Begin With P.

Cue my favorite (genuine) Wikipedia internal discussion.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 9th November 2010, 6:33pm) *

I predict he'll soon join Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Pyramid Head (T-H-L-K-D), Predator, and Pisshead (T-H-L-K-D) in the 'Pedia Pantheon of Preternatural Personalities With Scary-Looking Heads Whose Names Begin With P.

What about Mr Paperclip? http://www.salon.com/technology/log/2000/06/22/paperclip

Oddly though, there's no Wikipedia article about him.
Eva Destruction
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 9th November 2010, 9:57pm) *

I predict he'll soon join Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Pyramid Head (T-H-L-K-D), Predator, and Pisshead (T-H-L-K-D) in the 'Pedia Pantheon of Preternatural Personalities With Scary-Looking Heads Whose Names Begin With P.

What about Mr Paperclip? http://www.salon.com/technology/log/2000/06/22/paperclip

Oh yes there is.
EricBarbour
But there is an article about OS-tan.

If you ever need to prove to a layman that Wikipedia is run by hopeless
nerds and dweebs, just show him the OS-tan article.
Zoloft
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 9th November 2010, 1:03pm) *

But there is an article about OS-tan.

If you ever need to prove to a layman that Wikipedia is run by hopeless
nerds and dweebs, just show him the OS-tan article.

But how would I have ever found the OS-tan Wiki without that article? ( unsure.gif )
Milton Roe
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 9th November 2010, 1:57pm) *

There is, but there's no redirect from Mr. Paperclip. Possibly because that wasn't his name.

The thing's OFFICIAL name was Clippit, or Clippy. He was the animated Office Assistant in Microsoft Office.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.