Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: User:DollyD
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikipedia Annex
thekohser
If User:DollyD on the English Wikipedia is a reader here at Wikipedia Review, please contact me. My e-mail or phone number should be easy enough to find, but...

thekohser at Google's mail service will work. Or you can dial NEW-WIKI in the 484 area code.
thekohser
The moderator-modified sub-title of this thread contains a typo.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 22nd December 2010, 2:27pm) *

Could be worse.
melloden
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 22nd December 2010, 2:27pm) *

Greg Kosher ... Lol.
DollyD
I got banned, apparently for having Keysindex69 (T-C-L-K-R-D) as a sock account. According to emails I received from Arbcom, the sole evidence seems to be that I edited a (later deleted) RfA for MzMcBride created by Keysindex69. That's all they had! No technical evidence, nothin'.

Even I can clearly see that Keysindex69 is the sock of a user who often vandalises the talk page of Bsadowski1 (T-C-L-K-R-D) and other users. Other socks from around the same time are Majikat1086 (T-C-L-K-R-D) , Someone6445 (T-C-L-K-R-D) and a bunch of IPs. But no - it's easier just to keep me blocked than admit that Brandon was wrong.

I'm no great loss to Wikipedia, but it's disturbing that so many people in positions of "power" are too lazy to look into these issues. I am being charitable in assuming they all can't be that stupid.

I did feel it was a little inappropriate for Deskana to refuse the unblock request. I once complained about him for a violation of privacy that had an interesting response from Tinz, the Checkuser Ombudsman at the time. Co-incidentally, right after this complaint Deskana stopped being the Arbcom mailing list co-ordinator.

Anyway, I will probably just create a sock to continue editing - just the one, I don't need more. To any functionaries reading (hello!), you won't catch me. I apologise in advance to anyone who may get blocked for supposedly being me.
Gruntled
A warm welcome, DollyD. And don't worry that your post count is zero even though you've posted. That's just a little trick they play on newcomers. smile.gif
A Horse With No Name
QUOTE(Gruntled @ Mon 3rd January 2011, 7:42am) *

A warm welcome, DollyD. And don't worry that your post count is zero even though you've posted. That's just a little trick they play on newcomers. smile.gif

Hello Dolly! evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif
gomi
QUOTE(Gruntled @ Mon 3rd January 2011, 4:42am) *

Posts in the Annex (and also the off-topic forums) do not increment one's post count.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.