Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chante Jawan Mallard
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles > Biographies of Living Persons
EricBarbour
I was looking at List of unusual deaths, a pathetic thing even for Wikipedia (define "unusual death" for the rest of us please)........

....and stumbled into Chante Jawan Mallard.
She's in prison, and so cannot do anything about what Wikipedia thinks of her.
But the best/worst part is on the talkpage:
Do we really need to point out she is African American is the first sentence? I mean, if her race is an issue, shoudn't it be discussed in the proper context? 207.5.235.198 (talk) 14:10, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
I was thinking the exact same thing. Based on the line about 'some white guy' in the article, and the comment below, I'd say pointing out she's black was done by someone angered by her racism. (And how much do you want to bet they've never gotten upset about a white person saying something disparaging about a black person?) I'm removing it...no articles on Wikipedia begin with 'John Smith is a white American...' If it's so important, find a picture of her. --Marco Passarani (talk) 23:16, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Also, the line 'I hit this white man...' is taken directly from the CourtTV article. If someone wants to edit this plagiarism, feel free, otherwise it should go. --Marco Passarani (talk) 23:23, 15 June 2008 (UTC)

Considering some of the racist shit she said about the man dying in her windshield (not mentioned on this page) why the hell not mention her race? --JorgeK
Simply her name implies an African-American heritage. And what was she on? PCP? Magmagoblin (talk) 16:26, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
the fieryangel
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 24th December 2010, 5:37am) *

I was looking at List of unusual deaths, a pathetic thing even for Wikipedia (define "unusual death" for the rest of us please)........

....and stumbled into Chante Jawan Mallard.
She's in prison, and so cannot do anything about what Wikipedia thinks of her.
But the best/worst part is on the talkpage:
Do we really need to point out she is African American is the first sentence? I mean, if her race is an issue, shoudn't it be discussed in the proper context? 207.5.235.198 (talk) 14:10, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
I was thinking the exact same thing. Based on the line about 'some white guy' in the article, and the comment below, I'd say pointing out she's black was done by someone angered by her racism. (And how much do you want to bet they've never gotten upset about a white person saying something disparaging about a black person?) I'm removing it...no articles on Wikipedia begin with 'John Smith is a white American...' If it's so important, find a picture of her. --Marco Passarani (talk) 23:16, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Also, the line 'I hit this white man...' is taken directly from the CourtTV article. If someone wants to edit this plagiarism, feel free, otherwise it should go. --Marco Passarani (talk) 23:23, 15 June 2008 (UTC)

Considering some of the racist shit she said about the man dying in her windshield (not mentioned on this page) why the hell not mention her race? --JorgeK
Simply her name implies an African-American heritage. And what was she on? PCP? Magmagoblin (talk) 16:26, 21 December 2008 (UTC)

Shadows of Cristal Gail Mangum...nothing ever changes at Wikipedia, even the dominant color of penis pictures, which remains staunchly white.

Racist, Wikipedia? No, what makes you think that?
carbuncle
Mallard then drove home, leaving the injured Biggs stuck in her windshield, and parked her car in her garage. She then went inside, and is rumored to have had sex with her boyfriend. Biggs' body was discovered the following morning.

Please feel free to add rumours to BLPs of bad people. These must be actual rumours you have actually heard or read - original rumours are prohibited by the WP:OR guideline. Rumours must only be added to the BLPs of bad people. Rumours added to the BLPs of people who are not clearly bad will be removed promptly (if someone notices). Please consult the list of bad people at WP:BADPEOPLE it is updated daily. Note that some groups of people who have been designated as bad by unwritten consensus will not appear on this list - it is your responsibility to know if certain group is bad or not. If in doubt, ask on IRC.
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Fri 24th December 2010, 2:43pm) *

Mallard then drove home, leaving the injured Biggs stuck in her windshield, and parked her car in her garage. She then went inside, and is rumored to have had sex with her boyfriend. Biggs' body was discovered the following morning.

Please feel free to add rumours to BLPs of bad people. These must be actual rumours you have actually heard or read - original rumours are prohibited by the WP:OR guideline.

Said statement comes directly from the police affidavit.

Either the cop is lying or the suspect started this rumor herself.
Kelly Martin
If it was in the police report, why use the language "is rumored"?
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Sat 25th December 2010, 12:19am) *

Judging by the sentence structure, I'd guess this uncertainty was deliberately added by a passerby, to blur a sentence previously more faithful to Officer Owings' affidavit.

I could understand challenging the sex detail on the basis of relevance, but downgrading it to "rumor" seems a bit dishonest.
Milton Roe
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Fri 24th December 2010, 5:45pm) *

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Sat 25th December 2010, 12:19am) *

Judging by the sentence structure, I'd guess this uncertainty was deliberately added by a passerby, to blur a sentence previously more faithful to Officer Owings' affidavit.

I could understand challenging the sex detail on the basis of relevance, but downgrading it to "rumor" seems a bit dishonest.

Well, as I read it, it's not something that the woman said to the officer. It's not a signed confession, but a second-hand account of something that somebody named "Maranda" (a slightly ironic name, given the circumstances) SAID the accused woman had told HER, at a party, months later. So, as hearsay, it is rather like a rumor. It wouldn't be admissible in court under most circumstances. It might be used to convince a judge of a need to a search warrant or to issue a warrent to arrest the accused directly for questioning (they're alway free to take the 5th but some don't). But as is, it's not worth much unless confirmed by first-hand confessions or physical evidence. My guess is that the two men who helped move the body were "leaned on" with a plea bargain to provide the direct confessions needed for the conviction, along with whatever physical evidence was still obtainable from the garage and repair of the car (as I remember, there was some of both). What the accused had been doing with her boyfriend while the man slowly died in the garage, should have played no part at all in her sentence, unless her boyfriend confirmed it. You can't get this kind of thing as hearsay.

Obviously the woman is a psychopath. Ecstasy is not a drug that makes people do things like this. If anything, the opposite. Actually there isn't any drug you can blame behavior like this on. Fortunately. If such an "anti-empathy" drug existed, it would be the most dangerous substance in the world. It would be as bad as marine-training.
CharlotteWebb
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 25th December 2010, 1:39am) *

What the accused had been doing with her boyfriend while the man slowly died in the garage, should have played no part at all in her sentence, unless her boyfriend confirmed it.

Relevance, like I said.

An accident's an accident, but what they chose to do instead of seeking medical attention for Mr. Biggs, be it having sex or watching re-runs of American Gladiator, is irrelevant regardless of who confirms what to whom.
EricBarbour
QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 24th December 2010, 5:39pm) *
Obviously the woman is a psychopath.

Perhaps, but this still is not a subject for WP editors to speculate on......
Milton Roe
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 25th December 2010, 4:06pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 24th December 2010, 5:39pm) *
Obviously the woman is a psychopath.

Perhaps, but this still is not a subject for WP editors to speculate on......

Why not?

It is a correct P.O.V.

So, they will not be blocked.

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.