Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Tarc call the Wikipedia Review an "off-wiki website of dubious quality"?
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikipedia Annex
mbz1
Today in response to tarc's trolling at the MFD, I brought up tarc's uncivil rant stated in August on wikipedia review. What followed surprised me. First tarc removed my note altogether, and then, when I added it back, tarc called the wikipedia review "off-wiki websites of dubious quality". dry.gif
EricBarbour
Dunno what the mods think of Tarc, but I put up with his WP fanboi-ism because he occasionally has something worthwhile to say.

And he makes a handy punching bag. tongue.gif
Jon Awbrey
Full-Width Image
Kelly Martin
Mods, please move this thread to wherever we move completely irrelevant garbage.
Somey
I dunno, the way I read that, it sounds like he's saying the links themselves are of dubious quality, which I can attest to because I clicked on the link in question and it changed my view mode to "Outline."

Nevertheless, this is irrelevant garbage, all the same. No offense to Ms. (or is it Mr.?) Mbz1 though, who I'm sure was just trying to keep us "in the loop."
mbz1
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 9th March 2011, 3:22am) *

I dunno, the way I read that, it sounds like he's saying the links themselves are of dubious quality, which I can attest to because I clicked on the link in question and it changed my view mode to "Outline."

Nevertheless, this is irrelevant garbage, all the same. No offense to Ms. (or is it Mr.?) Mbz1 though, who I'm sure was just trying to keep us "in the loop."

I assure you I feel no offense at all. There are some people that simply cannot offend me, tarc is one, you and everybody who called my post "irrelevant garbage" are the others, so no worries. laugh.gif
Somey
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 8th March 2011, 9:57pm) *
I assure you I feel no offense at all. There are some people that simply cannot offend me, tarc is one, you and everybody who called my post "irrelevant garbage" are the others, so no worries. laugh.gif

Well, I meant "irrelevant garbage" in the nicest possible way, of course...

I mean, we don't generally object to people posting about minor incidents of poor or suspect behavior. It just helps when the incident is illustrative of a larger problem or trend, and this sort of isn't like that.

Based on what we've seen in the past, if Mr. Tarc thinks WR is unworthy in some way, it's presumably because we allow Mr. Victim (of Censorship) to post here, and he doesn't like Mr. Victim. I don't blame him for that, certainly - it's hard to imagine Mr. Victim not rubbing most people the wrong way.

It's just one of those things!
mbz1
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 9th March 2011, 4:21am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 8th March 2011, 9:57pm) *

Well, I meant "irrelevant garbage" in the nicest possible way, of course...

I mean, we don't generally object to people posting about minor incidents of poor or suspect behavior. It just helps when the incident is illustrative of a larger problem or trend, and this sort of isn't like that.

Based on what we've seen in the past, if Mr. Tarc thinks WR is unworthy in some way, it's presumably because we allow Mr. Victim (of Censorship) to post here, and he doesn't like Mr. Victim. I don't blame him for that, certainly - it's hard to imagine Mr. Victim not rubbing most people the wrong way.

It's just one of those things!

Fair enough. I am new here, so it is my learning process. smile.gif
EricBarbour
I guess the mods have spoken. Welcome to the Annex craphole.
Don't forget to feed the Fat Man. tongue.gif tongue.gif
mbz1
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 9th March 2011, 7:42am) *

I guess the mods have spoken. Welcome to the Annex craphole.
Don't forget to feed the Fat Man. tongue.gif tongue.gif

Well, I definitely will not forget to feed the Fat Man with tarc and mods together. yecch.gif
Tarc
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 8th March 2011, 10:25pm) *

Today in response to tarc's trolling at the MFD, I brought up tarc's uncivil rant stated in August on wikipedia review. What followed surprised me. First tarc removed my note altogether, and then, when I added it back, tarc called the wikipedia review "off-wiki websites of dubious quality". dry.gif

Oh, Mila. I half-figured you'd run here like a little tattletale after I said that, but I rarely look in the Annex when I login here. Anyways...

Just as with the Wikipedia itself, there are both good and bad aspects of the Review. I admire their efforts to serve as a sort of meta-critique of the Wikipedia and especially its admins, and how they take BLP issues far more seriously than the average "I just saw it on CNN/TMZ so I must write an article on this person NOW" mental retardation. But they do tend to have a rather severe Jimbo obsession, a prudery when it comes to sexual images, and they give safe harbor to some of the worst trolls in existence, e.g. Joe Hazleton.

So, in short; what I may post on a two-bit place like this has little bearing elsewhere.

Btw, the topic I am "trolling" on is mbz trying to get a user's sub-page of accusations against her deleted. In other words, BAWWWW
Malik Shabazz
The MfD closed as Keep, and I was counting down the minutes until Mbz started haranguing the closing admin (Gfoley4).

I was surprised it took her 38 minutes to begin her complaining. I expected a quicker response than that.
Somey
QUOTE(Malik Shabazz @ Wed 16th March 2011, 12:25am) *
I was surprised it took her 38 minutes to begin her complaining. I expected a quicker response than that.

Kids these days... it's like they just don't care! hrmph.gif
Tarc
Mila will soon console herself by making up some more stuff about Wagner, making evil Muslims analogies, or whining about everyone being mean to poor Israel.
dtobias
At least they're not trying to oversight all revisions that dare to link to WR, in the classic BADSITES manner.
Somey
QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 16th March 2011, 8:44am) *
...making evil Muslims analogies...

You're saying that Mbz1 (T-C-L-K-R-D) is also Marokwitz (T-C-L-K-R-D) ...? I see a similar POV of course, but other than that, it doesn't look super-likely.
Obesity
now THIS is what the Annex is all about. more threads like this, please.
EricBarbour
Thank you for feeding the fat man. smile.gif

or whining about everyone being mean to poor Israel.

And thank you, Tarc, for posting that thoroughly disgusting AFD. hrmph.gif
If the annex is intended for things that belong on WP, that one fails--
because it belongs nowhere. What a massive load of vomit.
Tarc
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 16th March 2011, 5:05pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 16th March 2011, 8:44am) *
...making evil Muslims analogies...

You're saying that Mbz1 (T-C-L-K-R-D) is also Marokwitz (T-C-L-K-R-D) ...? I see a similar POV of course, but other than that, it doesn't look super-likely.

I have no idea who marokwitz is, I was just rattling off a few of mbz's more ridiculous AfD inputs. This one was simply "per Wikifan", which is lulzy all on its own.
mbz1
Actually tarc should not have even been here. I fed it to the fat man a few days ago. I guess tarc tasted so badly, and stank so disgusting that even the fat man was not able to swallow it. biggrin.gif

mbz1
QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 16th March 2011, 1:44pm) *

Mila will soon console herself by making up some more stuff about Wagner, making evil Muslims analogies, or whining about everyone being mean to poor Israel.

Actually I wrote more70 articles and between those are such articles as

Arab rescue efforts during the Holocaust (T-H-L-K-D) ;
Liar paradox in early Islamic tradition (T-H-L-K-D) ;
Sayyida al Hurra (T-H-L-K-D)
It is just to name a few.

On the other hand tarc is a troll, a hound and a waste of space on Wikipedia.
If wikipedia will ever go down, it would be thanks to such trolls as tarcs are.
I hope one day tark will choke on its own lies. biggrin.gif
-DS-
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 20th March 2011, 7:53am) *
On the other hand tarc is a troll, a hound and a waste of space on Wikipedia. If wikipedia will ever go down, it would be thanks to such trolls as tarcs are.

Ooh, well said.
mbz1
QUOTE(Malik Shabazz @ Wed 16th March 2011, 5:25am) *

The MfD closed as Keep, and I was counting down the minutes until Mbz started haranguing the closing admin (Gfoley4).

Yeah, you voted to keep a bunch of taking out of content lies. Way to go, Malik Shabazz, way to go. Just a little bit more effort, and you will be as good as tarc is in trolling, lying and hounding. Only you'd be more dangerous because you have administrative tools that you have abused ever since you have got them biggrin.gif dry.gif
Tarc
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 20th March 2011, 2:53am) *

Actually I wrote more70 articles and between those are such articles as Arab rescue efforts during the Holocaust; Sayyida al Hurra ; Liar paradox in early Islamic tradition , it is just to name a few. On the other hand tarc is a troll, a hound and a waste of space on Wikipedia. If wikipedia will ever go down, it would be thanks to such trolls as tarcs are.

Heh, waste of space? This coming from the miserable little racist whose only purpose on the Wikipedia is to inflate every accusation of terrorism against Palestinians, real or imagined, into articles? Let's look at this fuckwits latest ventures;

Murder of Tali Hatuel and her four daughters (T-H-L-K-D)
Stoning murder of Israeli teens (T-H-L-K-D)
Itamar killings (T-H-L-K-D)

Along with the other crap that has been linked here and elsewhere. I will always find that Wagner hit piece to be especially lulzy.

So yes, Mila, you are a prolific creator of content; content that advances a very specific and carefully crafted pro-Israeli point-of-view. I do like the picture-taking, though, it does provide you with a good cover when you get in over your head. Some of your old comrades...6SJ7, Isarig, etc...never had anyting else to fall back on when they were painted into the POV-warrior corner.

But really, for anyone that knows you, at the end of the day you're just a User:Zeq (T-H-L-K-D) with a better grasp of English and (presumably) nicer tits.
mbz1
QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 21st March 2011, 12:20am) *

Actually I wrote more70 articles and between those are such articles as Arab rescue efforts during the Holocaust; Sayyida al Hurra ; Liar paradox in early Islamic tradition , it is just to name a few. On the other hand tarc is a troll, a hound and a waste of space on Wikipedia. If wikipedia will ever go down, it would be thanks to such trolls as tarcs are.

Heh, waste of space? This coming from the miserable little racist whose only purpose on the Wikipedia is to inflate every accusation of terrorism against Palestinians, real or imagined, into articles? Let's look at this fuckwits latest ventures;

Along with the other crap that has been linked here and elsewhere. I will always find that Wagner hit piece to be especially lulzy.

So yes, Mila, you are a prolific creator of content; content that advances a very specific and carefully crafted pro-Israeli point-of-view. I do like the picture-taking, though, it does provide you with a good cover when you get in over your head. Some of your old comrades...6SJ7, Isarig, etc...never had anyting else to fall back on when they were painted into the POV-warrior corner.

But really, for anyone that knows you, at the end of the day you're just a User:Zeq (T-H-L-K-D) with a better grasp of English and (presumably) nicer tits.

And what did I do in Murder of Tali Hatuel and her four daughters (T-H-L-K-D)
and Itamar killings (T-H-L-K-D)? I added category "Murdered Israeli children"

Are you in your blind hater towards Israel hate murdered Jewish kids?

Have you heard Yiddish Proverb "A half truth is a whole lie." ? Or maybe you heard "The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted." by Georg Christoph Lichtenberg? Well, of course you did not. Your language is very limited, your education is probably not existing.

I leave this thread to you to vomit your half truths that are whole lies all over yourself.
Zoloft
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 20th March 2011, 8:30pm) *

Have you heard Yiddish Proverb "A half truth is a whole lie." ? Or maybe you heard "The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted." by Georg Christoph Lichtenberg? Well, of course you did not. Your language is very limited, your education is probably not existing.

I leave this thread to you to vomit your half truths that are whole lies all over yourself.

I'm just waiting for eHarmony to match you up with a Polish-American guy in Illinois named Joe...
victim of censorship
QUOTE(-DS- @ Sun 20th March 2011, 9:07am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 20th March 2011, 7:53am) *
On the other hand tarc is a troll, a hound and a waste of space on Wikipedia. If wikipedia will ever go down, it would be thanks to such trolls as tarcs are.

Ooh, well said.

Agreed!!!! Tarhed is a real piece of work. Tarhed fits right in with the wik bunch of lies website.
Gruntled

every accusation of terrorism against Palestinians, real or imagined

Tarc is very sloppy in his language. I guess he means by Palestinians, not against them (unless he's re-defined Palestinians to mean Israelis). Secondly, what does "real or imagined" mean? Is he claiming that the murders of these children were imaginary and didn't really happen? Or that although the murders took place, they were not acts of terrorism because the children were midget soldiers in disguise?
lilburne
QUOTE(Gruntled @ Mon 21st March 2011, 9:37am) *

every accusation of terrorism against Palestinians, real or imagined

Or that although the murders took place, they were not acts of terrorism because the children were midget soldiers in disguise?

In the UK when kids were being blown up in the streets of London, those responsible were labelled as the IRA, or one of the myriad other splinter names. Rarely was the act simple described as being perpetrated by the Irish, nor was the blame placed on the Catholic church, nor was it blamed on New York residents who were supplying funds to the bombers.

thekohser
Wikipedia:

Tali Hatuel, an Israeli resident whom resided in Gush Katif, was eight months pregnant...

That's not right, is it?
Tarc
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 20th March 2011, 11:30pm) *

Lulz. Says the one who came here to crate a "LOOK AT WHAT MEAN TARCY SAID ABOUT THE WIKIPEDIA REVIEW!!!" topic whine? Your only purpose on the Wikipedia is to advance an Israeli-friendly point-of-view, that agenda is as plain as day when one looks at the articles you create and/or the ones you scream the loudest about at AfD.

Btw, "Sol" gives his regards. evilgrin.gif

QUOTE(Gruntled @ Mon 21st March 2011, 5:37am) *

Tarc is very sloppy in his language.

Yea, a bit sloppy, I was on the 3rd drink by that point last night I believe. The point is, it seems that every "incident" of Palestinian-on-Israeli violence is blown up (pun unintended) and magnified beyond all reasonable proportion when made into an encyclopedia article. I take a hard "Wikipedia is not the news" stance against many, many things at AfD, but by and large this topic area gets free pass.

Sometimes, thankfully, the most absurd ones to get deleted. Don't have the link handy right now, but there were a few "List of axe-wielding attacks" type of articles that got the, er, axe a fe months back.
Malik Shabazz
QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 20th March 2011, 5:56pm) *

Yeah, you voted to keep a bunch of taking out of content lies. Way to go, Malik Shabazz, way to go. Just a little bit more effort, and you will be as good as tarc is in trolling, lying and hounding. Only you'd be more dangerous because you have administrative tools that you have abused ever since you have got them biggrin.gif dry.gif

I suppose my worst abuse of the tools was unblocking you after 43 minutes, eh? tongue.gif
mbz1
QUOTE(Malik Shabazz @ Mon 21st March 2011, 6:39pm) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 20th March 2011, 5:56pm) *

I suppose my worst abuse of the tools was unblocking you after 43 minutes, eh? tongue.gif

What I great way to demonstrate you have never abused your tools! First you block someone, then you unblock the very same someone, and then you say:"I suppose my worst abuse of the tools was unblocking you after 43 minutes, eh? tongue.gif" smile.gif
Gruntled
QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 21st March 2011, 1:11pm) *

The point is, it seems that every "incident" of Palestinian-on-Israeli violence is blown up (pun unintended) and magnified beyond all reasonable proportion when made into an encyclopedia article. I take a hard "Wikipedia is not the news" stance against many, many things at AfD, but by and large this topic area gets free pass.

Sometimes, thankfully, the most absurd ones to get deleted. Don't have the link handy right now, but there were a few "List of axe-wielding attacks" type of articles that got the, er, axe a fe months back.

I see - all is now clear. You don't mean "real or imaginary". You mean "a serious terrorist action" or "quite a trivial, unimportant terrorist action, with no more than a dozen people murdered". I think most people here would be quite happy to agree with you on that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.