Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cello
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
How many Dvořák cello concertos are there?

There is at least one, maybe two, if you don't count a lack of orchestration against it. Does Wikipedia have it correct in the article Cello, which currently states that there is only one such concerto by Dvořák?

In any case, there's this other thing going on about Haydn's cello concertos. Seems that one spot on Wikipedia says there are only 2 authentic Haydn concertos for cello, but in another spot (the article about "Cello"), Wikipedia has said for over 18 months and at least one million page-views that Haydn penned four cello concertos, not two. All thanks to noted Polish musicologist and Wikipedia editor, IP 84.205.12.15.

Where is Enric Naval when you need him? I need it "explained" for us how the fact that anyone can edit Wikipedia leads us to a more accurate encyclopedia, where mistakes are fixed ever-so-quickly!

gomi
And as long as we're talking about cellos, what ever happened to flcelloguy (T-C-L-K-R-D) , who disappeared four years ago with little more than this note: "Thank you for your patience; I recently had an unexpected period of busyness. I should be back to active editing soon". He was an admin and a sitting arbitrator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.