Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia's Top 10 most viewed articles
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing
thekohser
The mainstream media has commissioned a monthly report on the most popular pages on Wikipedia, by month. Something that the Wikimedia Foundation with its $20 million budget couldn't seem to accomplish.
Rhindle
When I do a google search of "wikipedia" it gives me several articles from the site. They are: [Main page], Osama bin Laden, Game of Thrones, Lady Gaga, Tosh.0, Rebecca Black, Charlie Sheen, and Lil' Wayne. Not quite the top 10 you have but these probably were top 10 at some point. I don't know why google does what it does but I'm sure someone here can enlighten me.

Also, it would be interesting to compare what the WMF spends with its money to L.A. Dodger owner Frank McCourt. A look at McCourt is pretty bad but at least he doesn't try to say he's a charity.
radek
QUOTE(Rhindle @ Fri 12th August 2011, 5:00pm) *

When I do a google search of "wikipedia" it gives me several articles from the site. They are: [Main page], Osama bin Laden, Game of Thrones, Lady Gaga, Tosh.0, Rebecca Black, Charlie Sheen, and Lil' Wayne. Not quite the top 10 you have but these probably were top 10 at some point. I don't know why google does what it does but I'm sure someone here can enlighten me.

Also, it would be interesting to compare what the WMF spends with its money to L.A. Dodger owner Frank McCourt. A look at McCourt is pretty bad but at least he doesn't try to say he's a charity.

I was going to say the same thing but then thought it was just my wife messing around on Wikipedia, looking up pop culture stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.