Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo vs. pro-Jewish/Israel activists
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion > The Jimbo Phenomenon
thekohser
For those who can follow this sort of stuff without a program, Jimbo appears to be getting into a Twitter war with a faction of semi-to-full-on-crazy pro-Jewish/Israel tweeters.

From what I can see, Jimbo decided to spout off his opinions about these Jewish activists, they responded by pointing out how anti-Semitic Wikipedia is, and it all just goes downhill from there.
Wikifan
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 23rd August 2011, 11:00am) *

For those who can follow this sort of stuff without a program, Jimbo appears to be getting into a Twitter war with a faction of semi-to-full-on-crazy pro-Jewish/Israel tweeters.

From what I can see, Jimbo decided to spout off his opinions about these Jewish activists, they responded by pointing out how anti-Semitic Wikipedia is, and it all just goes downhill from there.

no doubt anti-semitism has a presence on wikipedia.
culeaker
QUOTE(Wikifan @ Tue 23rd August 2011, 12:25pm) *

no doubt anti-semitism has a presence on wikipedia.

Surely everyone here realises how huge Wikipedia is and what a total lack of co-ordination there is between its parts. Given almost any controversial area, there will be places where one side of the argument is dominant, and other places where the other side is. Yes, there are anti-semitic editors, and anti-zionists who really aren't anti-semitic. There are also "zionists" in the G. K. Chesterton sense, who only want a jewish state so they can expel all the Jews and send them there.

And heaven knows there are loads and loads and loads of zionists of every shade!
lilburne
Hornets nest, stick, poke, prod, waggle.
Emperor
Wikipedia has its share of antisemitism, but I don't think it's coming from Jimmy. It's more of a problem with the design of the site and user-generated content in general.

It's nice they came to Haifa this year, and cutting them a little slack might be the best thing to do.

powercorrupts
QUOTE(Emperor @ Tue 23rd August 2011, 3:17pm) *

Wikipedia has its share of antisemitism, but I don't think it's coming from Jimmy. It's more of a problem with the design of the site and user-generated content in general.

It's nice they came to Haifa this year, and cutting them a little slack might be the best thing to do.

What a cheap shot, and dumb post in general. What is "its share"? Where is the evidence? And obviously none of 'it' would come from Jimbo anyway.

I wonder how do you define 'anti-semitism' 'Emperor'? (supposing you are not someone who's inclined to just opportunistically swing the term around like a bat). There is hardly going to be anything explicit in a place so patrolled by Zionists and anti-Zionists - neither of which in the main would wish to be anti-Jewish. So where is all this implicit anti-semitism?

As for Haifa, Israel was one of the first Chapters - and given some strong admin-central ties (at very least) it's hardly somehow commendably out of the blue.
Sololol
"@JIDF As I have said to you many times, I do not think you are a Hamas agent. You'd do less damage to Israel if you were, though."
Trolololol. Full marks to Dear Leader. Presumably everyones familiar with David Appletree and his antics.

Appletree's twitter feed is just a non-stop lolcow of offensive statements:
-"I'd be even more depressed if I "married" a non-Jew, despite Torah Law. Few things are more depressing than helping Hitler along."
-"I met a Jewish extremist once. A bank made an error in his favor. He let them know about it."
-"GlennBeck absolutely does defend Islam. He says Islam is generally moderate and that "Islamism" is the problem."
-"Many Jews believe that Islam is not the problem, despite it being antisemitic and founded by a genocidal murderer of Jews."

Just priceless. Way to alienate anyone left of Michael Ben-Ari. The JIDF is about as aptly named as the Committee of Public Safety.
EricBarbour
Apparently I have to keep posting this chart, over and over, until it sinks in.

lilburne
QUOTE(Emperor @ Wed 24th August 2011, 11:20pm) *

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Tue 23rd August 2011, 10:49am) *

As for Haifa, Israel was one of the first Chapters - and given some strong admin-central ties (at very least) it's hardly somehow commendably out of the blue.

Well at least Jimmy and guests got to experience squatting for a few days.
gomi
[Modnote: Since Emperor and Powercorrupts could not keep from going after each other, this thread is closed. Their nascent cage match is in the Tar Pit.]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.