Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yardi Systems
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikimedia Foundation
thekohser
A little bird told me that today someone at the Wikimedia Foundation headquarters was searching Google (on their Firefox browser) for "Yardi Systems" "Wikimedia".

They apparently got a little bothered by the #4 page returned in their search results, so much so that they e-mailed multiple co-workers a link to that page that discloses a secret list of donors to the Wikimedia Foundation. At least two of those co-workers then viewed that secret list, 2 minutes and 4 minutes after the e-mail was sent.

So, what do y'all think is up with WMF'ers looking up how Yardi Systems is related to Wikimedia?
Zoloft
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 24th October 2011, 7:27pm) *

A little bird told me that today someone at the Wikimedia Foundation headquarters was searching Google (on their Firefox browser) for "Yardi Systems" "Wikimedia".

They apparently got a little bothered by the #4 page returned in their search results, so much so that they e-mailed multiple co-workers a link to that page that discloses a secret list of donors to the Wikimedia Foundation. At least two of those co-workers then viewed that secret list, 2 minutes and 4 minutes after the e-mail was sent.

So, what do y'all think is up with WMF'ers looking up how Yardi Systems is related to Wikimedia?

Well, you got me to read this. You seem to be at least two inches over on the 'compliant' side of this policy. Proceed!
EricBarbour
You've had that list on MWB for six months, and they're just noticing it now??

Ha ha ha.
SB_Johnny
Has this been cross referenced to the BLPs and articles on organizations?
thekohser
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 25th October 2011, 12:27am) *

You've had that list on MWB for six months, and they're just noticing it now??

Ha ha ha.

Also, the mainstream media reported on this list back in April.
thekohser
QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Tue 25th October 2011, 6:04am) *

Has this been cross referenced to the BLPs and articles on organizations?

Not sure exactly what you mean by your question, but if it helps, Tarantino did uncover the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art...3#Yardi_Systems

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=326615435
thekohser
QUOTE(Zoloft @ Mon 24th October 2011, 11:32pm) *

Well, you got me to read this. You seem to be at least two inches over on the 'compliant' side of this policy. Proceed!

"Where it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of the Wikipedia Review.com, its users or the public."

Given the Wikimedia Foundation's past aggressively hostile stance toward Wikipedia Review and several of its users, I believe their personally-identifiable data as harvested by my server is exempt from the protections otherwise extended to other users of Wikipedia Review.com, such that I may protect the rights and property of Wikipedia Review.

Thank you, Zoloft, for your agreement with this.
melloden
Yardi's website says:
For nearly 30 years, Yardi Systems has been solely dedicated to the design, development, and support of real estate investment management and property management software. With 25 offices around the globe and a dedicated staff of 2000 employees, Yardi is ideally suited to help you effectively manage your properties.

What does this company have to do with Wikimedia in any way? Is there any record of their relationship with the WMF?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.