Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia is a 5th grade classroom
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Rhindle
I've pretty much ignored the ANI/AN and similar nonsense over the years unless something brought up here peeked my interest. The recent Fae RfC and Selina's quest for unblock and ensuing drama has had me read more closely and it's confirmed to that the discourse is like a 5th grade classroom.

Ok, we get an ANI discussion about MSK's unblock/block/reunblock/rereblock. Tarc says "bullshit" and some "Anthony" character gets all offended and there's an edit war about redacting the comment. Then there is a whole subthread about it and there's an edit war about whether to close it or not. How dysfunctional for supposed adults(yeah, I know some probably aren't). This is just like 5th grade in my experiences with 5th grade classrooms. Arguing and crossarguing about procedures and freaking out when something is not going along according to procedure. Things that should get resolved sooner get muddied by people taking sides. The whole thing is like fighting fires with firehoses loaded with gasoline.

I'm sure some might say "no shit" but it just had to be said.
Michaeldsuarez
QUOTE(Rhindle @ Thu 9th February 2012, 3:51pm) *
Tarc says "bullshit" and some "Anthony" character gets all offended and there's an edit war about redacting the comment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&diff=475798436

Anthonyhcole was the one who mischaracterized my defense of Delicious carbuncle in the face of faulty claims of homophobia from Wnt as "harassment". Anthonyhcole is Wikipedia's civility / kindness enforcer and a fan of censorship.
SB_Johnny
QUOTE(Rhindle @ Thu 9th February 2012, 3:51pm) *
I'm sure some might say "no shit" but it just had to be said.

I suppose it does bear repeating once in a while. Thanks for sharing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.