Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Homophobia - it's not for everyone.
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
carbuncle
I can't help but have a chuckle over the fact that Fæ has spoken out against calling other editors homophobic:
I am puzzled why you would think that accusations or assumptions of editors being homophobic would ever be acceptable. I put it on a par with accusations of racism or misogyny.
Since the editor involved did not call anyone homophobic, they seem a tad upset.
HRIP7
QUOTE(carbuncle @ Thu 8th March 2012, 7:08pm) *

I can't help but have a chuckle over the fact that Fæ has spoken out against calling other editors homophobic:
I am puzzled why you would think that accusations or assumptions of editors being homophobic would ever be acceptable. I put it on a par with accusations of racism or misogyny.
Since the editor involved did not call anyone homophobic, they seem a tad upset.
I grow slightly faint looking at all the "he said ...", "he said ..." As for actually reading it, I think I may be too old to be able to spare the time.

But at any rate the thing is now at WP:WQA.
EricBarbour
And it brings up something that relates to that Limbaugh thread.

Specifically, Tyler Clementi. The poor kid is dead, and Wikipedia is turning his death into a freak show.
Read the talkpage if you enjoy vomit. Trial by Wiki, anyone?
Cino
QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 9th March 2012, 12:01pm) *

And it brings up something that relates to that Limbaugh thread.

Specifically, Tyler Clementi. The poor kid is dead, and Wikipedia is turning his death into a freak show.
Read the talkpage if you enjoy vomit. Trial by Wiki, anyone?

There is an interesting alternative wiki page freak show at http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Tyler_Clementi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.