Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version:
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
I've never seen a more self-referential article in Wikipedia that (I think) fails WP:GNG. Just look at the lede:

Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that can be edited by anyone.(wrong) The encyclopedia is maintained by volunteers who willingly edit and create articles with no monetary recompense.(wrong) Several studies have been done into(sic) the motivations of Wikipedia contributors, including a collaborative survey by the Wikimedia Foundation and Collaborative Creativity Group at UNU-MERIT.[1]
Emperor
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 14th March 2012, 9:11am) *

I've never seen a more self-referential article in Wikipedia that (I think) fails WP:GNG. Just look at the lede:

Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that can be edited by anyone.(wrong) The encyclopedia is maintained by volunteers who willingly edit and create articles with no monetary recompense.(wrong) Several studies have been done into(sic) the motivations of Wikipedia contributors, including a collaborative survey by the Wikimedia Foundation and Collaborative Creativity Group at UNU-MERIT.[1]

Wow. The mind wobbles.
Guido den Broeder
Funny, I know quite a few people at UNU-MERIT.
Shalom
QUOTE(Guido den Broeder @ Thu 15th March 2012, 8:44pm) *

Funny, I know quite a few people at UNU-MERIT.

It's been redirected to [[Community of Wikipedia]].
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.