Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WP:BEANS, surely?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
carbuncle
Yes, that Moodbar seems to be nothing short of a complete success:
MoodBar Feedback Spamming
I'm unsure what to do about this; as you can see from Special:Log/Superwikiman01 it seems to be possible to spam thousands of these things and I can't see a way to delete them efficiently. —Xezbeth (talk) 11:44, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
I think this needs to be mass rolled back and the account indef'd. Blackmane (talk) 11:50, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
It isn't even possible to delete them. He was using a bot to mass-spam these things because the WMF was so desperate to push these "improvements" out without any safeguards to prevent this type of abuse (5000 submissions in 7 minutes). Be prepared for more of it. I've blocked the account without talkpage or email access, and am going to file a bug report with bugzilla. Reaper Eternal (talk) 12:13, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
And I've just nailed another vandalbot. Reaper Eternal (talk) 12:40, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Here's another:User:KingMolestia. Yunshui 雲‍水 13:32, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Blocked, and blocked User:WikiPrefix 2 hours ago, I've hidden the feedback dashboard contribs of the latter, but the edits are not rollbackable (or I'm not savvy enough to do it). Help would be appreciated, as I'm on smartphone (User:Lectonar).109.45.0.93 (talk) 13:45, 15 March 2012 (UTC)

An example of the logs (x 5000 or so):
13:26, 15 March 2012 KingMolestia (talk | contribs) feedback (happy: Jews did WTC! Learn more at http://jews.didw.tc)
Michaeldsuarez
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=482027662:

OK, the developers have disabled the moodbar to stop this flood of vandalism. [[User:Reaper Eternal|Reaper Eternal]] ([[User talk:Reaper Eternal|talk]]) 14:07, 15 March 2012 (UTC)

Success.
Selina
Explanatory infographic for those who don't know the 'jews did wtc' is tongue.gif

thekohser
I wonder if the GNAA got the idea after reading an article about the MoodBar that I published on Examiner about 6 weeks ago. Note that I consider Examiner an integral part of the mainstream media; however, others view it more as a glorified blog and/or spam site.
Selina
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 15th March 2012, 3:33pm) *
I wonder if the GNAA got the idea after reading about the MoodBar in the mainstream media about 6 weeks ago?

Thekohser you're welcome to link to your articles on your theexaminer blog, I've never said anything suggesting you aren't, since obviously really nasty or false articles would get removed (ironically, the model of administrators monitoring your edits is similar to Wikipedia, did you think about that? wink.gif)
— Just please don't post them in a way that hides that you are the writer - we don't have a specific rule against opaque/deceptive links, sure, but it should be common sense really... You've been warned about it before, and it's getting to the point where you're just trolling now. No one's saying you have to be honest on Wikipedia, but at least here? I don't think it's that much to ask really. :/

(added old quote)
thekohser
QUOTE(Selina @ Thu 15th March 2012, 11:36am) *

Thekohser you're welcome to link to your articles on your theexaminer blog...

It's not "theexaminer", but "Examiner". It's not a blog, either.

However, I have modified my post to suit you, the owner of this web forum.
Web Fred
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 15th March 2012, 3:43pm) *

However, I have modified my post to suit you, the owner of this web forum.

That would be the web forum you had a big flounce about leaving isn't it?
jsalsman
QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Thu 15th March 2012, 8:36am) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=482027662:
OK, the developers have disabled the moodbar to stop this flood of vandalism. [[User:Reaper Eternal|Reaper Eternal]] ([[User talk:Reaper Eternal|talk]]) 14:07, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Success.
Your friends must be very proud. What do you get out of this cheerleading, Michael? Do they allow you access to their parties, or do you just think it's amusing to have a hateful racist epithet in an article title?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.