Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toolserver
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
TheKartingWikipedian
Anyone know how to run the user compare report which helps sniff out sockpuppets? I can't find it anywhere. I have a suspicion of a couple of the Irish Nats and want to see how they line up with each other.
Fusion
There used to be a tool to list which articles had been edited by both of two editors. However the author had his account deleted on Toolserver for non-activity so all his tools disappeared. You might check to see if there is a new such.

http://toolserver.org/

But what if you find two editors editing much the same articles? That just shows that they have the same obsessions!
TheKartingWikipedian
Thanks Fusion. I had a look there but couldn't find anything. This is the report that's run every half hour in each SPI.

I suppose the thing to look for are articles edited by the two users (i.e. potentially one user) that are not in any way related to their shared areas of interest.
FightingMac
QUOTE(TheKartingWikipedian @ Sat 16th June 2012, 9:04pm) *

Anyone know how to run the user compare report which helps sniff out sockpuppets? I can't find it anywhere. I have a suspicion of a couple of the Irish Nats and want to see how they line up with each other.

There definitely is or was such a thing since I used it myself less than a couple of months ago. But I came across it by accident and I'm afraid I didn't take a note of it. If I see it again I will post here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.