Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SlimVirgin and "archiving"
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
jorge
I'm sure SV's archiving here had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she had received nasty rude warnings that her beloved dancing penguin has been exposed as a likely copyvio laugh.gif biggrin.gif .
poopooball
im sure slimmys arcihivng here as a mnior edit isnt anthing, right?
LamontStormstar
I have sometimes seen admins behave like they are all the same person.

Hmmm the Crum375 -- SlimVirgin connection. Crum375 looks like a suckup to me despite the stuff like:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Crum375/Archive_5

This is the best quote

Dude, you are making hundreds of edits and every day you delete facts about Bosniak victims. If this continues, I will report you to the administrator for vandalism. Bosniak 01:59, 5 May 2007 (UTC)

Ops, wrong message, this was intended for SlimVirgin. Bosniak 02:06, 5 May 2007 (UTC)

On every archive page, text searcing SlimVirgin finds at least one result and often multiple.
Somey
That reminds me... Slimmy did a major rewrite on The_Holocaust article recently, and we haven't done any analysis of it whatsoever. It does appear that she moved, if not removed, some material about certain classes of victims, including Bosnians - and in their case it probably was offensive to do that, since the Serbs are still mentioned in the main article.

A lot of the material in question was moved to a separate article, which admittedly makes the main article a little more focused, if not more readable. But now the Bosnians are only mentioned in one paragraph of what now amounts to a subpage. (Most Bosnians are Muslims, of course.)

Someone should probably go through and figure out just what she did overall, but it's obviously a difficult subject to be getting into under any circumstances, and one could easily be accused of all sorts of terrible things just for doing it - not to mention questioning her motives if it turns out that some of her editorial decisions were suspect.

Ugh.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Somey @ Thu 10th May 2007, 3:21am) *

That reminds me ... Slimmy did a major rewrite on The_Holocaust article recently, and we haven't done any analysis of it whatsoever. It does appear that she moved, if not removed, some material about certain classes of victims, including Bosnians — and in their case it probably was offensive to do that, since the Serbs are still mentioned in the main article.

A lot of the material in question was moved to a separate article, which admittedly makes the main article a little more focused, if not more readable. But now the Bosnians are only mentioned in one paragraph of what now amounts to a subpage. (Most Bosnians are Muslims, of course.)

Someone should probably go through and figure out just what she did overall, but it's obviously a difficult subject to be getting into under any circumstances, and one could easily be accused of all sorts of terrible things just for doing it — not to mention questioning her motives if it turns out that some of her editorial decisions were suspect.

Ugh.

Waste Of Time (WOT) —

Once you know that someone is a pathological liar, it's not really necessary to beguile your brain with every fork in their tongue.

Studies have stopping rules — When a godawful percentage of the experimental group goes belly up in the bowl, you stop feeding your guppies that garbage and write the report.

The question that remains is this — What about the System In Place permits SlimVirJgin and her gang, indeed, empowers them, to get away with mind-murder for as long as they have?

Jonny cool.gif
Somey
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Thu 10th May 2007, 7:44am) *
The question that remains is this — What about the System In Place permits SlimVirJgin and her gang, indeed, empowers them, to get away with mind-murder for as long as they have?

WP:AGF, surely? That and the threat of being RfC'd or CheckUsered for disagreeing with them in any way whatsoever.

I suppose there are other aspects... but regardless, this is a team, and even if another team shows up to challenge them, the team with the most admins always wins. Simple as that.

Putting all that aside, I still think this may be Slimmy's most ambitious WP:OWN effort yet. Articles like "Israeli apartheid," "New antisemitism," or even "Animal Liberation Front," aren't likely to be searched for by their exact titles, but "The Holocaust" obviously is. That one article is going to be read by far more school-age kids looking for easily-copied text for papers, etc., than almost anything else Slimmy has done - only "Martin Luther" comes close, and her primary damage there was to join Jayjg, User:Mantanmoreland, and various others in a campaign to blame Luther for the rise of the Nazis. (That's now improved to a paragraph starting with "there is little doubt among historians," with most of the serious nastiness moved here - though that may not be saying much. But on the positive side, at least there's no mention of Luther (the religious figure) in the main Holocaust article anymore... she moved that into another subpage, which, I'm forced to admit, is an improvement.)
Jonny Cache
For me it has to do with the magnification of effects.

The evil that SlimVirJgin does, by way of subtle distortions to method and process that sneak up on us unawares and ultimately lead to grossly deviant but all but unconscious distortions of content, will natually be much less visible in the neighborhood of The Holocaust, in the light of the already consummated evil. Which is precisely the reason that SlimVirJgin finds it so convenient to hide in its light.

But I take the danger no less seriously, since I know how these things get started. They do not begin with the overt political act, but with a poison in the brain, a viral idea that seems so weak and innocent at first.

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Thu 10th May 2007, 12:16pm) *

For me it has to do with the magnification of effects.

The evil that SlimVirJgin does, by way of subtle distortions to method and process that sneak up on us unawares and ultimately lead to grossly deviant but all but unconscious distortions of content, will natually be much less visible in the neighborhood of The Holocaust, in the light of the already consummated evil. Which is precisely the reason that SlimVirJgin finds it so convenient to hide in its light.

But I take the danger no less seriously, since I know how these things get started. They do not begin with the overt political act, but with a poison in the brain, a viral idea that seems so weak and innocent at first.

Jonny cool.gif

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
----Voltaire

I am the least conspiratorial person in the world. Still, I wonder if SVs distortions might be in the service of some darker purpose? Could WP be where the intelligence community's operatives are put out to pasture? This would fit in with the alleged P. Salinger accusation and the strange affinity between her and Chip Berlet. Mind you I don't think she could possibly be an agent, but some kind of hanger-on. You know maybe like Huggy Bear in Starsky and Hutch. Didn't Huggy go to Cambridge too?
gomi
I, for one, think Slime Virgin is too much of a looney tune to be employed by any reputable intelligence service. Lately, she has been stalking some guy who tried to add an infobox to the article on the Taliban. Nasty folks, to be sure, be he wasn't being an apologist. Nonetheless, Slime proffers this tidbit: "it's a miracle that all men weren't murdered in their beds by their wives", and suggests that the most notable thing about the Taliban was their treatment of women.

Of course, Slime "archives" the whole discussion shortly thereafter.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(gomi @ Sun 13th May 2007, 11:34pm) *

I, for one, think Slime Virgin is too much of a looney tune to be employed by any reputable intelligence service. Lately, she has been stalking some guy who tried to add an infobox to the article on the Taliban. Nasty folks, to be sure, be he wasn't being an apologist. Nonetheless, Slime proffers this tidbit: "it's a miracle that all men weren't murdered in their beds by their wives", and suggests that the most notable thing about the Taliban was their treatment of women.

Of course, Slime "archives" the whole discussion shortly thereafter.

What if she's not the middle-aged woman that people think she is, but she's some girl in high school?

norsemoose
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Mon 14th May 2007, 1:23am) *
What if she's not the middle-aged woman that people think she is, but she's some girl in high school?

That's incredibly unlikely, given her mastery of manipulation. And also the overwhelming evidence toward Brandt's conclusion.

SlimVirgin is not who she says she is, to be sure. But she is certainly not a high school student.
JohnA
QUOTE(norsemoose @ Mon 14th May 2007, 11:40am) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Mon 14th May 2007, 1:23am) *

That's incredibly unlikely, given her mastery of manipulation. And also the overwhelming evidence toward Brandt's conclusion.

SlimVirgin is not who she says she is, to be sure. But she is certainly not a high school student.

There is no doubt at all that Slimvirgin is (or was) Linda Mack. That she now calls herself "Sarah McEwan" raises interest as to why she changed her name so radically...
Joseph100
Slim Virgin... uses aggressive archiving to hide the history of her communications with the Wikicomunity by making it very very hard to look at, in context of issues and timeline.

She is truly an evil Soul. A (name of psychological disorder redacted) with delusions of grandeur. I wonder what basement she lives in and what dole she lives off of, in order to have the 16 to 18 hours/ per day/ 335days of the year to spend, tied to the computer terminal, weaving her lies, distortions and exercising her Napoleon complex over wikipedia.

Does she have any??? Accountability, with-in Wikipedia, or is she an out of control lunatic which all fear ???.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Mon 14th May 2007, 9:50am) *

Does she have any ??? Accountability, with-in Wikipedia, or is she an out of control lunatic which all fear ???.

Jonny cool.gif
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(JohnA @ Mon 14th May 2007, 4:05am) *

There is no doubt at all that Slimvirgin is (or was) Linda Mack. That she now calls herself "Sarah McEwan" raises interest as to why she changed her name so radically...

It's not that radical -- "Mack" to "McEwan." But as far as the motive for the change, I can hypothesize two:

1. The name "Mack" carries a taint of scandal, after she was fired by Pierre Salinger.

3. The name "Sarah" sounds more "goth," whereas "Linda" is a bit on the plain vanilla side.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Mon 14th May 2007, 8:32am) *
It's not that radical -- "Mack" to "McEwan."

McEwan --> Mack seems more likely than Mack ---> McEwan. Any chance she was already pseudonymous during P. Salinger period? Then returned to original name. Can "McEwan" be traced to childhood? Can "Mack"?
guy
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 14th May 2007, 4:56pm) *

Can "McEwan" be traced to childhood? Can "Mack"?

Mack can be traced to Cambridge, and presumably she had to prove her educational qualifications to them.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(guy @ Mon 14th May 2007, 12:17pm) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 14th May 2007, 4:56pm) *

Can "McEwan" be traced to childhood? Can "Mack"?

McEwan can be traced to Cambridge, and presumably she had to prove her educational qualifications to them.

Patrick Byrne’s account doesn't place here in a classroom. Just around student pubs dressed and acting in a manner to draw attention. Still your probably right as that would mean that she had some need for a pseudonymous identity before the referenced air disaster. The implications of that are too dark to consider.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Mon 14th May 2007, 6:50am) *

Slim Virgin... uses aggressive archiving to hide the history of her communications with the Wikicomunity by making it very very hard to look at, in context of issues and timeline.

That's standard practice among bad editors and bad admins there.

BobbyBombastic
Ignoring the previous evidence and just judging from her WP activities, I would guess they she was a published writer or journalist. For all her faults, she really is a brilliant writer. I don't think that's an overstatement.

Moreover, she seems to be either independently wealthy or disabled and unable to work. Have you ever known a person that was either wealthy enough to not work or was disabled? They often take on hobbies that define them, and it becomes very much like a "job". WP is her hobby that has become very "job like". As long as she's been at it, I wonder why she hasn't burnt out. By this I assume she is driven by something like neurosis, which also contributes to her effective writing.
Jonny Cache
Why discount the very obvious possibility that some body or other is funding her (them) to do exactly what she is (they are) doing?

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 14th May 2007, 8:05pm) *

Why discount the very obvious possibility that some body or other is funding her (them) to do exactly what she is (they are) doing?

Jonny cool.gif

The funders would have to be Very Bad People.
guy
QUOTE(gomi @ Wed 16th May 2007, 6:57pm) *

Look more closely. What was deleted (actually by NawlinWiki) was "User talk SlimVirgin/archive16" (no colon). User talk:SlimVirgin/archive16 is still there.
gomi
Oops. In my defense, she has the typo, red-link one in the list of her archives on her talk page.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.