Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kudos To Kurt
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
karmafist
I didn't think he had much of a shot, and I have given up with writing things for people pro bono unless I get a soapbox out of it, but kudos to Kurt on Opencycle, it seems like some people are editing on a regular basis.

Wikipedia started small, keep at it man, it's alot better to do something than complain all the time.
Hamedog
Hey Karmafist are you a member of OpenCycle? I am but I think we should use Somey's idea, if he is prepaired to say it publicly.
karmafist
QUOTE(Hamedog @ Tue 2nd January 2007, 8:18pm) *

Hey Karmafist are you a member of OpenCycle? I am but I think we should use Somey's idea, if he is prepaired to say it publicly.

I made like three edits, but I have an idea, although it isn't "encyclopedic".
Somey
QUOTE(Hamedog @ Tue 2nd January 2007, 7:18pm) *
...I think we should use Somey's idea, if he is prepaired to say it publicly.

I had an idea? I'd probably be willing to say it publicly if I could remember having it!

I remember this one time in 1990, I was walking down the Champs Elysees in Paris, and there it was - the Arc de Triomphe! And I couldn't help thinking, that would make a really cool swingset. (You know, for the kids!)

But that was the last real idea I had... After that I went into the Virgin Megastore and pretty much forgot all about it, until just now.
JohnA
Head gasket
guy
Curious edit history - create, vandalise, revert, vandalise, ...

Oh, and Kurt - there's no ss in Occasionally.
Kurt M. Weber
Thanks, everyone.

We've died down a bit in the past month, though--seems some of the people who had come over lost interest.
JohnA
QUOTE(Kurt M. Weber @ Mon 12th February 2007, 12:08am) *

Thanks, everyone.

We've died down a bit in the past month, though--seems some of the people who had come over lost interest.

Kurt

In order for any competing encyclopedia to Wikipedia to happen you need a radically different model to Wikipedia - and lots of committed contributors who get something back from contributing.

Refactoring Wikipedia's model will produce either a) a dead wiki or b) Wikipedia complete with flaws.

My 2c
Kurt M. Weber
The thing is, Wikipedia's basic model is fundamentally correct--there's no way to improve on that. It's their particular implementation of that model that is causing the problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.