Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SEO = Search Engine Opportuner
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Jonny Cache
'Nuff Said.

Jonny cool.gif
Somey
Is this referring to the fact that Wikipedia has just set NoFollow on for all external links?

Which means that a whole bunch of people out there in the world, who have spent untold hours of their time trying to "game the system" in order to use Wikipedia as an external link, with varying degrees of success, are going to be extremely unhappy when they realize that all of that work will have gone for naught - and that they'll slowly be watching their PageRanks decrease over the course of the next two weeks, all while Wikipedia's own PageRanks remain way up there?

And that all the while, Wikipedia talk pages, policy pages, and user pages continue to be indexed by various searchbots, increasing the site's overall PageRank priority due to the mere fact that they change almost constantly?

Or is this merely referring to the fact that I still haven't really woken up this morning? I think I need more coffee.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 22nd January 2007, 11:22am) *

Is this referring to the fact that Wikipedia has just set NoFollow on for all external links?

<snippy, snippy>

Or is this merely referring to the fact that I still haven't really woken up this morning? I think I need more coffee.

Think of it as a projective test. There is no wrong answer.

Kind of like some e-punymous website we know ...

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.