Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Slashdot reader proclaims: Fascistopedia
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Queeran
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikie...ary/063160.html

Looks like a Slashdot reader got burned by the one and only "Theresa Knott" of the Cabal, for... uncovering an administrator-abuse coverup in action.

And then they got slapped around for it.

They named it correctly too, Fascistopedia!
LamontStormstar
The list made fun of the poster and then banned them.
gomi
This whole thing is a hoot. The discussion at hand was on the astonshingly crucial wiki-crisis of joke "you have new messages" templates on people's talk pages. The pro and con of this issue provoked such intense debate that Wikipedia was in danger of disappearing up its own ass.

Corn-fed Admin Theresa comes in, and repeats an attempt to move this absurd debate to random other pages, hoping against hope to perform a de-ass-head-ectomy.

Random goofball shows up yelling "admin abuse", tweaks the admins and calls them fascists, whereupon they ban him and piss on his grave.

It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid .... no, it would be stupid if it wasn't so funny .... uh, well, I suppose it's just hilariously stupid.
Nathan
(slightly off-topic)
I remember when Theresa Knott welcomed me to Wikibooks way back when (I think it was just before the Wikipedia blocking "incident"). We chatted briefly and she seemed like the only ArbCom member even remotely approachable. She didn't re-run for ArbCom and she wouldn't return any messages asking advice on the whole blocking thing. She didn't dignify any messages with any responses, just ignored them outright.

She didn't seem like a Cabal member when I was talking to her, now I'm inclined to agree. Funny how people change from one side to the other...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.