Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For reporters looking for Essjay sources.....
> Media Forums > News Worth Discussing > Notable WikiScandals > The Essjay affair
the fieryangel
Start here...

There's more than enough to go around!

SOMEBODY'S got a scoop!

As we're playing, up walks a lady that I've never seen before; I wasn't exactly sure who she was, since we were in a private room. She introduced herself as a radio show host, siad Gil (CEO of Wikia) had sent her to talk to me, and that we were going to do an interview.

I have to point out that at this point, I didn't believe her; I thought Gil was playing an elaborate joke on me. I've only been interviewed once for wiki stuff, and it certainly wasn't in a pool hall. So, I kept playing, thiking that if she really was a radio show host, she certainly wasn't going to do a radio interview in a bar. Boy was I wrong. We did indeed sit down in the corner of the room and do a twenty minute or so interview, totally impromptu. (For reference: Normally when you do a press spot, you a) know about it in advance, cool.gif have been prepped for it, and c) know what you are going to say. Not so much this time.)

The show is called No One's Listening, and is hosted by Irene McGee (of Real World fame); I don't know yet when the radio interview will be broadcast, but it should be on www.nooneslistening.org when it does.

boy, I wonder what he said???
the fieryangel
Well, they got smart and yanked that real fast.

From off of the main Essjay thread:

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sat 3rd March 2007, 8:42pm) *

There is a lot of detail about Essjay's San Francisco trip and meetings/dinners with the cabal at http://blog.essjay.org/ He sounds like a kid in the Big City Candy Store for the first time. It's kind of sad, considering all that's happened since then. Pass the kleenex box please!

If anyone is interested in confirming whether the pic of Ryan Jordan is really him, it shouldn't be too hard. He gives specifics about two media-type people he met (Feb. 6 entry).

NOTE added later: His domain is now parked. The blog page was several entries about his trip, just one page. I captured it earlier today. Researchers can email me for a copy at the address in the box at the bottom of the home page at Wikipedia-Watch.org.

Mr. Brandt comes to the rescue again!
Daniel Brandt
Reporters will want to see this new post I just put up: http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=7150

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.