Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Jayjg be stopped?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Somey
QUOTE(Cedric @ Mon 26th March 2007, 9:26pm) *
No idea if Somey here is joking, or being earnest in a jovial way.

Well, I'm almost always joking to some extent... Though I have to admit, three one-week bans in the same month would be pretty impressive!

My big concern is that if people get banned, they shouldn't treat it like it's a big deal. I mean, so what if they ban you? Is that supposed to be the end of the world? Ridiculous! Sheez, even if you actually enjoy being a part of the whole WP experience, there's plenty of other places, online or off, where one can pursue various forms of mindless entertainment, and some of them even allow points of view that don't rigidly conform to a starkly pro-Zionist, anti-Islamist agenda! smile.gif

Has anyone ever been to Zion National Park, by the way? There are some really cool rock formations there.
Joel Leyden
JayJG does not practice Zionism, rather he worships Wikiism.
Much more powerful than defending his fellow Jews and those of us who live in Israel.

As for being banned?
When you hear that Wikipedia has millions of users, remember that most have been banned and have created new accounts.
Jimbo has spread the word to "ban and create new members!"

It's a numbers game cool.gif
Cedric
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 27th March 2007, 1:20am) *

Has anyone ever been to Zion National Park, by the way? There are some really cool rock formations there.

Zion National Park rules! End of story, but not (I hope) end of thread.
guy
QUOTE(Joel Leyden @ Tue 27th March 2007, 7:39am) *

As someone who has been a member of the Labour Friends of Israel for many years, I have to agree.
Somey
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 27th March 2007, 10:57am) *
As someone who has been a member of the Labour Friends of Israel for many years, I have to agree.

That's too bad, really. At least Zionism has some degree of moral justifiability...
JohnA
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 27th March 2007, 6:07pm) *

QUOTE(guy @ Tue 27th March 2007, 10:57am) *

That's too bad, really. At least Zionism has some degree of moral justifiability...

There can be no moral justification for being a member of the UK Labour Party. mad.gif
Somey
QUOTE(JohnA @ Tue 27th March 2007, 11:45am) *
There can be no moral justification for being a member of the UK Labour Party. mad.gif

Oh, that's what that means! I thought "Labour Friends" meant something more generic, like "Invisible Friends" or the "Happy Tree Friends."

FORUM Image
guy
QUOTE(JohnA @ Tue 27th March 2007, 6:45pm) *

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll close the door behind me as I leave. sad.gif
Poetlister
QUOTE(JohnA @ Tue 27th March 2007, 6:45pm) *

Getting a little confused, aren't we? The Labour Party is not the ArbCom.
Somey
Right - the ArbCom is more like the Belaboured Party... laugh.gif

Anyway, it looks like Jayjg isn't really doing much that's interesting at the moment, at least since they locked down the "New Antisemitism" article for the what, 54th time?

It seems to me they could end all the warring over that article with a simple page move. Instead of "New antisemitism," they should just call it "Allegations by high-ranking Wikipedians of liberal complicity in antisemitic activities," and then everyone could agree, right? As long as the phrase "by high-ranking Wikipedians" was in there, they wouldn't even need the word "Unfounded" at the beginning of the title.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 28th March 2007, 12:30pm) *

Right — the ArbCom is more like the Belaboured Party ... laugh.gif

Anyway, it looks like Jayjg isn't really doing much that's interesting at the moment, at least since they locked down the "New Antisemitism" article for the what, 54th time?

It seems to me they could end all the warring over that article with a simple page move. Instead of "New antisemitism", they should just call it "Allegations by high-ranking Wikipedians of liberal complicity in antisemitic activities", and then everyone could agree, right? As long as the phrase "by high-ranking Wikipedians" was in there, they wouldn't even need the word "Unfounded" at the beginning of the title.

But that would violate WP:Avoid Source Responsibility.

Besides, they already have Pallywood, Universities and Antisemitism, and, last alphabetically but far from least, Zombietime, an article created by the Single Purpose Account Manager of all time, Zombiefan ...

Jonny cool.gif
FNORD23
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Wed 28th March 2007, 9:38am) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 28th March 2007, 12:30pm) *

Right — the ArbCom is more like the Belaboured Party ... laugh.gif

It seems to me they could end all the warring over that article with a simple page move. Instead of "New antisemitism", they should just call it "Allegations by high-ranking Wikipedians of liberal complicity in antisemitic activities", and then everyone could agree, right? As long as the phrase "by high-ranking Wikipedians" was in there, they wouldn't even need the word "Unfounded" at the beginning of the title.

But that would violate WP:Avoid Source Responsibility.

Besides, they already have Pallywood, Universities and Antisemitism, and, last alphabetically but far from least, Zombietime, an article created by the Single Purpose Account Manager of all time, Zombiefan ...

Jonny cool.gif

Well - at least I got a chance to tangle with Slim Virgin and JayJG and expose their blatant attempts to use OR and completely disregard WP - before I got banned for a year !

FaAfA
Somey
QUOTE(FNORD23 @ Sat 31st March 2007, 2:03am) *
Well - at least I got a chance to tangle with Slim Virgin and JayJG and expose their blatant attempts to use OR and completely disregard WP - before I got banned for a year !

That was you? I was going to start a new thread on that, but we've been so busy around here lately with all the other examples of WP-related badness... In fact, we're really sort of back-logged at this point!

Maybe you'd rather I didn't start one, though? There's a risk they might just extend the ban for 29 more years.
FNORD23
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 31st March 2007, 8:38am) *

QUOTE(FNORD23 @ Sat 31st March 2007, 2:03am) *

That was you? I was going to start a new thread on that, but we've been so busy around here lately with all the other examples of WP-related badness... In fact, we're really sort of back-logged at this point!

Maybe you'd rather I didn't start one, though? There's a risk they might just extend the ban for 29 more years.

Doesn't bother me if you do. I was the one following WP - SV and JG weren't. I almost couldn't believe it when SV suggested that somone contact the university to see if they used Zombie's photo, so her OR would be even more 'original' !

I tell 'ya. That really shocked me. To see an admin like SV and her cohort JG completely disregard rock-solid WP so they could keep a superfulous trvial reference was mindboggling.
anon1234
I've been thinking about Jayjg's claim to be in his mid-40s and in management. I doesn't seem to fit with the evidence we've collected on this guy, particularly the points below:
  • Jayjg is known to edit primarily from home (which is somewhere near Toronto, Canada the evidence indicates.) While some professionals can work from home, it is incredibly hard to engage in "management" from home.
  • Jayjg is often childish in his edit warring. He seems much more immature than a 40 year old, let alone someone chosen for management (which requires well developed interpersonal skills.)
  • Jayjg has a lot of free time on his hands (as indicated by his position on ArbCom, his frequent CheckUser work, his oversight work and his frequent admin policing work), which means he doesn't have a family to take care of (no need to take the kids to soccer games or other such things) and that his "job" is not very demanding.
We have already established that some of Jayjg's claims have been false, particularly his claim that he is based in NYC, he is clearly not based in NYC but rather Ontario, Canada as evidenced from multiple IP sightings. I think it is time to start to question Jayjg's other claims...

The fact that Jayjg edits from home, that he displays a lot of immaturity in his "conflict resolution style" (if you want to call it that) and his "job" doesn't seem very demanding suggests to me that Jayjg doesn't have a real job nor is he in his 40's, this is just a set of convenient misrepresentations. Jayjg is probably more similar to Essjay, he's probably quite young and a student (or drop-out like Essay) who edits in his ample free time.

In the wake of the Essjay scandal, I ask the foundation and Jayjg to publicly confirm that he is in fact over the age of 40 and that he works in NYC and to also explain away the significant and growing evidence to the contrary. It may be that Jayjg has lied to the foundation as well about who he is, this lie being just another component in Jayjg's online fantasy role playing game.
Skyrocket
It's just a hunch, but I think he's probably a multi-degreed tenured professor at a Catholic institution, hiding his identity to avoid retaliation from the cabal at the Vatican, while doing wonderful work For the Good of Wikipedia and All Mankind.

Or maybe he's another twentysomething who's spent too much of his life in fantasy role playing games.
guy
Certainly his current antics on List of Russian Jews, where he is threatening to wreck the list in retaliation for some dimwit repeatedly trying to add Lenin, don't smack of maturity. He even deleted Zinoviev, noting that there was somebody on the list whose father but not mother was Jewish, and every time he found such a name he would delete it and the name of an undoubted Jew.

Also, he is generally regarded as an orthodox Jew, but doesn't seem to realise that Jewish editors are slightly busy at present with the run-up to Passover so don't have time to join in his games. How would any adult Jew not appreciate that?
anon1234
Any clue what's up between Henrygb, Jayjg and the rest of the ArbCom? Probably not if you're not privy to the ArbCom mailing list. Lots of intrigue. Henrygb dates back to November 2003:Maybe someone should ask the ArbCom, whose members describe Jayjg as a former member in "good standing", to investigate whether Jayjg has been lying about his identity? I don't think Jayjg is in as "good standing" as they currently have been led to believe.
Somey
QUOTE(anon1234 @ Mon 2nd April 2007, 1:35pm) *
Why clue what's up between Henrygb, Jayjg and the rest of the ArbCom? Lots of intrigue...

Yikes! It looks like User:Henrygb did the unthinkable - he actually went through and analyzed, bit by bit, the ways in which SlimVirgin changed the RS, V, and NOR policies when "synthesizing" them into WP:ATT. And he wasn't impressed!

He then had the temerity to question Slimmy's rewording of WP:RS, and even went to the extent of adding a question to the Attribution policy poll. So when that was removed, he got fed up with it and left an exasperated-sounding "I give up" message.

So now, they're presumably going to accuse him of using a sock puppet or two in order to ban him, just in case he was thinking about changing his mind and returning to the discussion - or decides to post some sort of userspace essay about the situation that might cast aspersions on Slimmy's & Jayjg's motives. The last thing they want is to have someone around who's actually been paying attention to what they've been up to!

I wonder who they're going to accuse him of being...? I mean, he's only been a WP user for 4 years, which isn't anywhere near enough time to warrant his being given more respect or courtesy than someone who's been there a whole nine weeks like User:DennyColt. Ol' Denny has essentially taken over the whole thing at this point, looks like! Pretty soon, they'll have to rename it "Dennypedia."
Jonny Cache
I think it's pretty clear that most of them already know who DennyColt really is.

And since when did lying about your identity, or anything else, remove a WikiPimp from good standing with Wikipedia?

Like the Spartans — no, the original Spartans — they encourage lying, cheating, and stealing as essential skills of the expert combatant, and regard the purpose of punishment solely as a lesson on the evils of getting caught.

Jonny cool.gif
gomi
QUOTE(anon1234 @ Mon 2nd April 2007, 11:35am) *

Any clue what's up between Henrygb, Jayjg and the rest of the ArbCom?

Henrygb is officially toast: he's been banned and told to ceremonially commit seppuku. He dared to oppose Slim and Jayjg, an offense for which he was investigated. Once you are investigated, they will find something, just like the Stasi in Eastern Germany. One suspects that User:ChrisO is next, despite the hasty deletion of this comment.

As Jayjg is literally reading the ArbCom's mail, it is hard to know how anyone will get the upper hand on him.
taiwopanfob
QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 6:11am) *
Henrygb is officially toast

Reading the lead-up to this, I get the impression Henrygb was forcing them to do it. If so, he may well be as amazed they didn't wait for the ATT poll stuff to blow over before the inevitable retaliation. Heck, all his shit-raising may have had no effect anyways!

But the act is quite incredible nonetheless. The mindset that can claim it has "nothing to do with ATT" is about as sensible as an argument that the World Trade Center wasn't knocked flat to the ground by terrorists, but some sort of really bad building fire. A kind of officially mandated stupidity one expects of huge, monolithic, bureaucracies in government, not some kind of shoe-string database project.

Also note that SlimVirgin wanted to talk to Audiovideo (see AV's talk-page) a day before. Is it known she in on the ArbCom loop as well? The poor woman is now reduced to damage control, pounding as hard as she can trying to further drive a Wedge of Idiocy between cause and effect. A more sympathetic viewpoint is that she may be pretty pissed though, acting as the cleaning lady for the ArbCom. Unpaid at that!
everyking
QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 7:11am) *

QUOTE(anon1234 @ Mon 2nd April 2007, 11:35am) *

Any clue what's up between Henrygb, Jayjg and the rest of the ArbCom?

Henrygb is officially toast: he's been banned and told to ceremonially commit seppuku. He dared to oppose Slim and Jayjg, an offense for which he was investigated. Once you are investigated, they will find something, just like the Stasi in Eastern Germany. One suspects that User:ChrisO is next, despite the hasty deletion of this comment.

As Jayjg is literally reading the ArbCom's mail, it is hard to know how anyone will get the upper hand on him.

Leaving aside the question of whether the sockpuppet accusation is accurate, he hasn't been banned. He was merely asked to resign adminship. That's a lot more cordial than the way they removed my adminship.
Heat
He's also been blocked at least until he contacts the ArbComm.

What all this shows is that if Slim and Jay can't defeat someone's argument through facts and logic they'll do it by trying to discredit the person himself.

Some questions here:

1. It looks like Slim knew what was going on before anything was publicly posted. Does this mean Jayjg shared Checkuser info with her?

2. How was this sockpuppetry uncovered? Was Jayjg arbitrarily going through the list of opposition voters at ATT to try to diminish the count? Did he do the same to "yes" voters?

3. Does Jayjg still enjoy the confidence of the community to the degree that he can be a virtual ex-officio on the ArbComm?
taiwopanfob
QUOTE(everyking @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 3:10pm) *
He was merely asked to resign adminship.

... like how a mugger is "merely asking" for your wallet.
anon1234
1. It looks like Slim knew what was going on before anything was publicly posted. Does this mean Jayjg shared Checkuser info with her?
Jayjg and SlimVirgin often operate together, piss one off and you have to deal with the other.

2. How was this sockpuppetry uncovered? Was Jayjg arbitrarily going through the list of opposition voters at ATT to try to diminish the count? Did he do the same to "yes" voters?
It is standard practice to find all the ways in which you can undermine those opposing you. Notice that no one is questioning the very suspicious User:DennyColt account (whom we suspect istemporarily believed might have been User:Terryeo) because he is onside with Jayjg and SlimVirgin on the big WP:ATT clusterf**k.

3. Does Jayjg still enjoy the confidence of the community to the degree that he can be a virtual ex-officio on the ArbComm?
Jayjg has been lying about his identity for years, but they won't investigate this because well... when it comes to professionalism and accuracy Wikipedia is a joke! And I for one prefer it to remain this way, which is why I contribute to investigations on WR where the findings by definition have to be denied whether true or not. Exposing problems on WR ensures that the problems remain and continue to fester on Wikipedia proper.

Long live Citizendium!
Uly
QUOTE(anon1234 @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 6:02pm) *

User:DennyColt account (whom we suspect is User:Terryeo)

What supports that?

Terryeo is one of those single purpose guys with an extremely one track mind. I find it very hard to believe he could spend all the time DennyColt does on random vandal fighting and policy wonking without finding a scientology-related fight to pick.
anon1234
QUOTE(Uly @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 6:56pm) *
QUOTE(anon1234 @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 6:02pm) *
User:DennyColt account (whom we suspect is User:Terryeo)
What supports that?

Terryeo is one of those single purpose guys with an extremely one track mind. I find it very hard to believe he could spend all the time DennyColt does on random vandal fighting and policy wonking without finding a scientology-related fight to pick.
Somey has long thought DennyColt is a sockpuppet of somebody. We put some evidence together recently that seemed to suggest that it may in fact be Terryeo, see this thread. I didn't think so at first, but then I started to notice that Terryeo had a great existing interest in ATT, RS, NOR and V as well as a lot of submissiveness towards SlimVirgin. Thus DennyColt's policy interests do have a clear precedent in Terryeo. There isn't any conclusive proof at this point though except for the similar spelling mistakes and similar interests and a few other relatively innocuous similarities. Further research is warranted. Was Terryeo ever subject to a checkuser? The individual who did that historical checkuser should still have the IP information and could compare it with the latest results from DennyColt's recent checkuser.
Somey
QUOTE(anon1234 @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 2:05pm) *
Further research is warranted.

Further research actually suggests it's not him, I'm afraid... I'm probably going to have to move some of that stuff out of the public subforums. Over the last few weeks, User:AntaeusFeldspar and User:ChrisO have spotted Terryeo using an AnonIP to edit some Scientology stuff, specifically this one, and since it's pretty clearly him and that isn't consistent with the gunning-for-adminship behavior we're seeing from DennyColt, I'd have to say Denny's probably not Terryeo. (There's just too many of 'em, dammit!)

Meanwhile, getting back to the original topic of this particular thread, this AN/I entry about Jayjg will probably get ChrisO booted out eventually, along with User:Timeshifter, another Wikipedian who's into Middle-East Affairs and (it would seem) largely opposed to the SlimVirgin folks...
Uly
(reads linked thread)

Yeah, you're only up to the Slimvirgin level of sockpuppet evidence so far.

Besides, too many WP admins /hate/ Terryeo. It'd have to be somebody who the checkuser clique likes well enough that they wouldn't expose them. Werdna, for example, is a cabal favorite but can't pass an RFA. He's too technical focused to be DennyColt, but someone in that line, I'm sure.
Jonny Cache
I think that Terryeo has been busy on Wikinfo of late, but FB and Proteus had some kind of falling out over dey and now WI is so messed up that I can hardly find the stuff I put there anymore.

Jonny cool.gif
anon1234
QUOTE(Uly @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 7:17pm) *
Yeah, you're only up to the Slimvirgin level of sockpuppet evidence so far.

Besides, too many WP admins /hate/ Terryeo. It'd have to be somebody who the checkuser clique likes well enough that they wouldn't expose them. Werdna, for example, is a cabal favorite but can't pass an RFA. He's too technical focused to be DennyColt, but someone in that line, I'm sure.
SlimVirgin level of sockpuppet evidence isn't enough? Somey did just say that he thinks it isn't Terryeo now. And Jonny's evidence of Terryeo being busy elsewhere is also quite convincing. Somey didn't specify earlier the spelling variants this DennyColt does uses, Somey just listed the words DennyColt misspells but via the use of the correct spellings of the words, which would help me in my searchers.

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 3rd April 2007, 7:16pm) *
Meanwhile, getting back to the original topic of this particular thread, this AN/I entry about Jayjg will probably get ChrisO booted out eventually, along with User:Timeshifter, another Wikipedian who's into Middle-East Affairs and (it would seem) largely opposed to the SlimVirgin folks...
I noticed that. Treading on thin ice, that's for sure. I expect that SlimVirgin and Jayjg are going to get really aggressive against all opposition if she loses on her precious WP:ATT. SlimVirgin's focus on WP:ATT has temporarily distracted her from her original interests. Her return to the article trenches should be entertaining, and I expect it will help the population over at Citizendium and here. :-)
The black princess
Hi - I'm **name removed** (indef blocked - some kind of sockpuppet manipulation) and now **name removed** on Wikipedia.

From looking at Jayjg's edits I think he's got something to do with Israel - and he is absolutely most definately WITHOUT question paid to edit. How the hell can anyone spend that much time on Wikipedia if not! If you look at [[User:I'm so special]] - this user was harrased and eventually indef blocked for commenting against Jayjg on the administrators noticeboard. "trolling and disruption" were cited. Whilst MONGO used "knowing where ANI was on her first day" as a motive.

Any thoughts?

**name removed**

Another thing!

I'm so special requested a sock check on MONGO, Chacor and Jayjg. Just look at the message that came up on her talk page:

== Frivolous checkuser request ==
Your request for checkuser concerning Chacor and MONGO was frivolous. These are well-known editors who have been active here in different content areas for years. There was no valid basis of any kind for your request. Please do not do this again. [[User:Newyorkbrad|Newyorkbrad]] 16:10, 3 April 2007 (UTC)

ARRGH!

**name removed**
anon1234
From looking at Jayjg's edits I think he's got something to do with Israel - and he is absolutely most definately WITHOUT question paid to edit. How the hell can anyone spend that much time on Wikipedia if not!
We think he is a student who has ample free time to edit Wikipedia. We haven't seen any evidence that Jayjg is paid to edit Wikipedia.
The black princess
QUOTE(anon1234 @ Thu 5th April 2007, 1:28pm) *

Interseting, welcome to the forum.

Why thankyou :-) LOL! Does Jayjg actually post here. That would be amusing.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(The black princess @ Thu 5th April 2007, 8:41am) *

QUOTE(anon1234 @ Thu 5th April 2007, 1:28pm) *

Interesting, welcome to the forum.

Why thankyou :-) LOL! Does Jayjg actually post here. That would be amusing.

Now how would we know?

For all we know, you could be Jayjg.

{{Frivolous User Check Kibbitzing}}

Jonny cool.gif
The black princess
Oh yeah... duh. wink.gif wacko.gif
AndyDyer
He sure edits wikipedia a lot for someone with a full-time job.

Remember - the US pays Israel some $3 billion a year just in direct subsidy (along with a lot more in sweet-heart deals).

Money like that pays for an awful lot of POV-pushing.

Jayjg might need only 1/5,000th of that money to help make sure that Israel is protected in WP - and he's doing a fine job!
anon1234
QUOTE(AndyDyer @ Mon 9th April 2007, 7:21pm) *
He sure edits wikipedia a lot for someone with a full-time job.
Remember - the US pays Israel some $3 billion a year just in direct subsidy (along with a lot more in sweet-heart deals).

Money like that pays for an awful lot of POV-pushing.

Jayjg might need only 1/5,000th of that money to help make sure that Israel is protected in WP - and he's doing a fine job!

There is no evidence that Jayjg is paid to edit Wikipedia. The contradiction that feeds this is that he says he's in his mid-40s and in management and then spends most of some days editing Wikipedia and behaving really immaturely. Another contradiction is that Jayjg said he is based in NYC but all evidence points to him being located near Toronto, Canada. I think it is more likely that Jayjg is just a very pro-Israel student who had been lying about all of his personal details (which is exceedingly common on Wikipedia as we all know by now.)
Somey
QUOTE(AndyDyer @ Mon 9th April 2007, 2:21pm) *

Andy, welcome to the forum, but I'm compelled to point out that we don't like to make this particular accusation here. Aside from the fact that it's almost certainly not true, our root admin, Selina, has a pet peeve about it, and we don't like to piss her off!

That's not to say that Jayjg is a decent, fair-minded guy, because he really isn't, but at this point we're far more confident that he's a teenager (or early-20's guy) living in Toronto than a paid agent of You-Know-Who™.

And when you think about it, which would you rather have him be?
Cedric
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 9th April 2007, 2:54pm) *

That's not to say that Jayjg is a decent, fair-minded guy, because he really isn't, but at this point we're far more confident that he's a teenager (or early-20's guy) living in Toronto than a paid agent of You-Know-Who™.

FORUM Image There is being nothing to see here now! You will be moving along now, yes?
anon1234
QUOTE(Cedric @ Mon 9th April 2007, 8:22pm) *
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 9th April 2007, 2:54pm) *
There is being nothing to see here now! You will be moving along now, yes?
There is no evidence. If you still want to make such claims in the face of no evidence, it is a slippery slope. Making these non-trivial claims of Jayjg without evidence is not that different from George W Bush's claims that Iraq had WMD prior to the 2003 invasion. If you start to believe that suspicion is good enough, you can leave grounded reality. Before jumping to complex explanations, it would be wise to confirm without any doubt whether Jayjg is in fact a student based in Toronto, Canada.
norsemoose
I don't know if anyone has brought this up or not yet, but...

Jayjg appears to be an Orthodox Jew, judging by the articles he edits, the point of view he expresses, and the fact that he does not appear to edit on Jewish holidays,

Now, I believe the Jewish Sabbath is from sundown on Friday through sundown on Saturday. Judging by this, if one were to evaluate the breaks Jayjg takes over the Sabbath day, one could probably narrow down which time zone he is editing from.

I don't really have the patience or dedication to spending hours tracking his edits to figure this out, but I thought I'd toss it out there.
guy
QUOTE(norsemoose @ Sat 28th April 2007, 5:33am) *

if one were to evaluate the breaks Jayjg takes over the Sabbath day, one could probably narrow down which time zone he is editing from.

I'm sure it's been done and he is in the East of North America.
norsemoose
QUOTE(guy @ Sat 28th April 2007, 3:57am) *
I'm sure it's been done and he is in the East of North America.

Hmm, that throws a wrench in my theory, then.

Here I was thinking that he was a close real-life friend, relative, or domestic partner of (name redacted). Not that I could really back that up, but it seems to fit the profile even better than the dark conspiracy theories that are often invented to describe their close involvement with one another on WP.

However, if SlimVirgin is in Alberta, and Jayjg is in the eastern part of either Canada or the United States, then this scenario doesn't fit.
chankachank
Another clue, though a frustratingly opaque clue:

I didn't get anything yet. Could you try e-mailing me at viritalk at hotmail.com ? Jayjg 15:47, 15 Nov 2004 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Neu...lease_e-mail_me

Could you please e-mail me at viritalk - at - hotmail.com? Jayjg 23:58, 9 Nov 2004 (UTC) (replace the - at - with an @ ). Thanks. Jayjg 23:58, 9 Nov 2004 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Vir...se_e-mail_me.3F

I haven't yet been able to find anything useful on the web in regard to "viritalk", or viri-anything, that would seem to lead to Jayjg/JJG etc. Hmmm.

I did notice an early use of "behaviour" (supporting Canada theory); I also noticed his use of "emoticons" (in text, not like these cartoon ones wacko.gif ), which seems uncharacteristic of "mid-40s-management" -- though I could be wrong on that.
;^)
BobbyBombastic
jayjg says FUCK CHINA! TWICE!

sort of in a nutshell explains his short sightedness.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Tue 8th May 2007, 4:03am) *

jayjg says FUCK CHINA! TWICE!

sort of in a nutshell explains his short sightedness.

So let's see. WP gets pranked by having it's Main Page blanked for a few seconds. Thats sooo embarrassing. So people in a huge nation that has a government that doesn't always respect free access to ideas and has an ambivalent attitude toward internet participation have to pay by closing off a fairly simple work-around involving proxies that gave them access to the site. This coming on the heals of a whole lot of juvenile posing as "free speech" defenders over a proprietary hex code.

So there goes the best hope of bringing bourgeois democracy to China. A few more NPOV articles in WP would have surely brought them down.
guy
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 8th May 2007, 2:57pm) *

So there goes the best hope of bringing bourgeois democracy to China. A few more NPOV articles in WP would have surely brought them down.

My, what brilliant sarcasm.
norsemoose
QUOTE(chankachank @ Thu 3rd May 2007, 7:33am) *
I haven't yet been able to find anything useful on the web in regard to "viritalk", or viri-anything, that would seem to lead to Jayjg/JJG etc. Hmmm.

How about "Viriditas"? My guess is that the email was a single purpose account, mainly for communication with Viriditas possibly about a POV issue that Jayjg wasn't pleased with.

Just guesswork. But posting the email "viritalk" to the talk page of "Viriditas"... I'm presuming that it was created solely, or near solely, for the purpose of talking with viri.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.