Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gili Bar-Hillel, Wikipedia: Kinnernet Israel Internet Conference Not Notable
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Joel Leyden
My latest torpedo:

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/kinnerneti...abarhillelwoolwalescensorship47030807.html

What an enlightened team here at WikiReview. smile.gif
Really making a difference where it counts!
Truly hope to have the pleasure of meeting many of you one day.

Honest, open, brave, dedicated and intelligent.
Have I missed any adjectives?

Stay tuned for the .... "Wikipedia Contest"

Best wishes to all,
Joel
Somey
QUOTE(Joel Leyden @ Thu 8th March 2007, 4:23pm) *
Honest, open, brave, dedicated and intelligent.
Have I missed any adjectives?

Sexy?

No matter, though... But I'd still like to thank you for showing some much-appreciated self-restraint in posting only a link to the press release this time, Joel! The last time, well, we had a little trouble over it, as you may recall.

I'm probably overstepping by making suggestions for the sake of clarity, but there are two sentences I would change somewhat:
Wikipedia, which has been criticized by almost every academic institution and leading news organizations including Reuters, USA Today and the BBC as one of the least reliable sources on the Internet (except for the latest clothing and hair styles of Britney Spears) lists thousands of entries including high schools and the characters of Pokemon, but deems Kinnernet as not notable.

That should read something like, "Wikipedia, criticized as one of the least reliable sources of information on the Internet by a multitude of academic institutions and leading news organizations including Reuters, USA Today and the BBC, contains thousands of entries for high schools, Pokemon characters, and Britney Spears' latest hairstyles - but deems Kinnernet as not sufficiently notable."

More stories on Wikipedia thanks to section 230 of the Federal Communications Decency Act (CDA), which became law in 1996, Wikipedia is most likely safe from legal liability for libel, regardless of how long an inaccurate article stays on the site.

This one is tougher, but I'd change it to "Under Section 230 of the U.S. Federal Communications Decency Act of 1996 (CDA), Wikipedia claims to be protected from legal liability for libelous statements and claims made on their website, regardless of how long such material has remained there."

Other than that, bravo! Well done! smile.gif
dtobias
Big deal... an article on an Israeli conference was nominated for deletion and put up to the Wikipedia community to decide... and, so far, sentiment seems to be overwhelmingly in favor of keeping it, so the article is likely to be kept. So it seems to be a real non-story, which the press release "pads out" by dragging in all sorts of irrelevant criticism and past conflict regarding Wikipedia.
Somey
QUOTE(dtobias @ Fri 9th March 2007, 7:10pm) *
...it seems to be a real non-story, which the press release "pads out" by dragging in all sorts of irrelevant criticism and past conflict regarding Wikipedia.

Indeed. Dan, I fear you may not be entirely well-informed regarding the fundamental dispute between the two individuals involved in this case... Let's just say that Joel here probably wouldn't make our list of the Top Ten most well-intentioned forum members. dry.gif

However, he did manage to avoid reproducing the entire press release this time, so he's making good progress!
Joel Leyden
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 10th March 2007, 2:11am) *

QUOTE(dtobias @ Fri 9th March 2007, 7:10pm) *
...it seems to be a real non-story, which the press release "pads out" by dragging in all sorts of irrelevant criticism and past conflict regarding Wikipedia.

Indeed. Dan, I fear you may not be entirely well-informed regarding the fundamental dispute between the two individuals involved in this case... Let's just say that Joel here probably wouldn't make our list of the Top Ten most well-intentioned forum members. dry.gif

However, he did manage to avoid reproducing the entire press release this time, so he's making good progress!

"well-intentioned" - heck sure I am!

It was Woggly aka Gili Bar-Hillel who went to war with me by openly posting to the world that I was "dangerous to her children." That post is still there! And then trolled me to death with the help of Danny Wool. What Bar-Hillel is not aware of is that I have every intention of going to the police and charging her with criminal harassment (forget libel or slander). And as far as well-intentioned goes, any person in this forum who feels that they have been wronged is invited to contact me. The Israel News Agency does reach an audience of over 60 million world-wide.

No one needs to have their family, friends and or children read lies and distortions about them.
No one needs to be a victim of Wikipedia.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.