Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andrew Keen disses Jimmy
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Daniel Brandt
Andrew Keen, whose forthcoming book Cult of the Amateur is eagerly anticipated by some of us, appears to be a regular columnist now on ZDnet. His latest column disses Jimmy. Yippee, it gets indexed by Google News, which means it's about 10 times more noticeable than even the best bloggers!

I added a funny talk-back comment. I challenge all of you to come up with a funnier one.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sat 10th March 2007, 8:53pm) *

Andrew Keen, whose forthcoming book Cult of the Amateur is eagerly anticipated by some of us, appears to be a regular columnist now on ZDnet. His latest column disses Jimmy. Yippee, it gets indexed by Google News, which means it's about 10 times more noticeable than even the best bloggers!

I added a funny talk-back comment. I challenge all of you to come up with a funnier one.

Mr. Keen hits the nail right on the head: If Wikipedia is disfunctional, it's because it's a mirror of Jimmy's mind.

I'll elaborate on this further in another post, but this is the real bottom line as far as I'm concerned.....It's ALL Jimbo's fault. And he (or his psychiatrist...which I hope to God exists) could take care of all of this if he would ever stop playing these games....
everyking
He has another article on there that quite ridiculously portrays Essjay as the victim of a purge by Jimbo. In fact Jimbo only acted against him as a result of massive community outrage. What was really a major victory for the community is instead presented as some kind of shadowy internal backstabbing. That's enough to convince me he doesn't understand the Wikipedia community or leadership.
coriaceous
Jim Wales probably does not understand. The Essjay affair (read it here first, then saw it in the editorial section of theNew Yorker). Right now, we need to massage Wikipedia, the few good articles, the massive number of legally libellous/slanderous articles, and render Jim Wales, in Florida law, an unfit parent.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(coriaceous @ Sun 11th March 2007, 10:27am) *

Jim Wales probably does not understand. The Essjay affair (read it here first, then saw it in the editorial section of theNew Yorker). Right now, we need to massage Wikipedia, the few good articles, the massive number of legally libellous/slanderous articles, and render Jim Wales, in Florida law, an unfit parent.

Nope, that's not going to work. Wikipedia is like a pet with rabies. You might love the pet to death, but you have understand that the only real solution is to put it out of it's misery.

Wikipedia needs to disappear...in a big way.
JohnA
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Sun 11th March 2007, 2:12pm) *

QUOTE(coriaceous @ Sun 11th March 2007, 10:27am) *

Nope, that's not going to work. Wikipedia is like a pet with rabies. You might love the pet to death, but you have understand that the only real solution is to put it out of it's misery.

Wikipedia needs to disappear...in a big way.

It will never disappear, which is why you'll keep having to fend off the same lies from now till doomsday.

One day, there'll be an even bigger scandal, and then some longstanding editors will finally walk. But for some, I see every day people taking wikibreaks and never coming back.
omobomo
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sat 10th March 2007, 7:53pm) *

No rocket scientists, but...

I heard that Jimmy has hired someone from Kentucky to be the lead developer on Jimbo's Jumbo Engine. His name is Ryan, and he has a PhD in computer science from Stanford and a another PhD in physics from Harvard.
Posted by: Daniel Brandt Posted on: 03/10/07

Ouch. That broke my brand new Snark-o-Meter!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.