Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arab Propaganda Sites to be Deleted - AFD's
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Joel Leyden
Several Israeli and Jewish groups are now preparing to send Arab propaganda anti-Israel news groups and blogs to AFD.
If you are interested in this effort, please join:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/israelpr
In doing so, you will need to provide a brief bio and contact details.
IsraelPr is a closed group directly serving the State of Israel and the Jewish world with professional public relations / crisis communications management.

If Wikipedia can delete the Israel News Agency and Israpundits among many other Israeli sites on grounds that they are not reliable and are propaganda sites, we can and we will respond.

Best wishes,
Joel Leyden
Joseph100
Go forth and kill wikipedia. You have my blessing...

God bless...

Thanks
JohnA
Of all ideas, this has to be the worst possible.
Joel Leyden
QUOTE(JohnA @ Sun 18th March 2007, 11:25am) *

Sure, this has to be the worst idea if you support Islamic propaganda against Israel.
JohnA
QUOTE(Joel Leyden @ Sun 18th March 2007, 11:53am) *

QUOTE(JohnA @ Sun 18th March 2007, 11:25am) *

Sure, this has to be the worst idea if you support Islamic propaganda against Israel.

I don't support censorship. You clearly do.

The only possible result of actions like this will be to embolden extreme Islamists against Israel, and produce ever more draconian censorship of Israeli points of view.
guy
This is a difficult one. The status quo is clearly not conducive to impartiality. Will the proposal make things better or worse?
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(guy @ Sun 18th March 2007, 6:11am) *

This is a difficult one. The status quo is clearly not conducive to impartiality. Will the proposal make things better or worse?

It appears to be the inevitable next step in Wikipedia POV warfare, and will quickly be imitated by all other warring parties. The situation will be aggravated by the lack of an impartial administrative body to discourage this sort of thing. Wikipedia is Thomas Hobbes writ large.
anon1234
QUOTE(Joel Leyden @ Sun 18th March 2007, 8:02am) *
Several Israeli and Jewish groups are now preparing to send Arab propaganda anti-Israel news groups and blogs to AFD.
IsraelPr is a closed group directly serving the State of Israel and the Jewish world with professional public relations / crisis communications management.

If Wikipedia can delete the Israel News Agency and Israpundits among many other Israeli sites on grounds that they are not reliable and are propaganda sites, we can and we will respond.
As I have said before, it is not wise to openly announce such campaigns on this board unless you are trying to sabotage them or like to swim upstream (which I don't think is your angle.)
anon1234
QUOTE(anon1234 @ Sun 18th March 2007, 1:55pm) *

QUOTE(Joel Leyden @ Sun 18th March 2007, 8:02am) *

As I have said before, it is not wise to openly announce such campaigns on this board unless you are trying to sabotage them or like to swim upstream (which I don't think is your angle.)

I am prescient it appears:
Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Banned_User:Israelbeach_mounting_concerted_AfD_POV-push.3F
Somey
Unfortunately, Joel has indeed shown very little talent for cunning subtlety in the past.

On the bright side, he makes the rest of us look quite formidably devious by comparison! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.