Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fundamental justice
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Joseph100
Here is an interesting post on the Wikien-L I pick off. The concept of "Fundamental justice" the ability of the acuse to defend himself, rather than getten banned, and then trashed in the banned person's wiki talk page.

Here is the text pasted of that post....
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikie...ril/067670.html
====================
Rich Holton wrote:

>Ray Saintonge wrote:
>
>
>>This is not about Brandt or the bloody-minded obsession that some have
>>expressed about Brandt. This place is about building an encyclopedia,
>>and that should take precedence over who happens to have made the edit.
>>
>>I am often appalled by the lack of understanding for principles of
>>fundamental justice in some people's attitudes. A person whose
>>character is questioned in a public forum needs to have an equivalent
>>right to defend himself in an equally public forum.
>>
>>
>Agreed as well. Of course, the banned user will have a *very short*
>leash even on the talk page about them. But they must be allowed to
>speak on their own behalf to correct a clear error on a page about them.
>
I can live with the short leash. I did suggest a while back that there
be a place in an article for a living subject to respond relatively
freely. This got shot down because it restricted the rights of others
to edit what he was saying. Some of the other complaints about it
probably have easy fixes. Something of the sort would likely go a long
way to addressing the frustrations that some subjects must feel when
their rights to set the record straight about their own personal
information A prohibition against their talking about anyone else in
the protected section would keep the leash short.

Ec

=============================
This justify my mission. What Wikipeida is must be bellowed out on ever internet hill. The truth that Wikipeida is LIE FARM with JIMBO JUICE DRINKING cult church, which operates, without control or rule of law is important. The creditability of Wikipeida must be damaged in every legal way. The best would be to locate more Essjay’s among the Wiki-cadre of JIMBO JUICE DRINKING DORKS and bring these worms in the the light of day. (My respect for Wikipeida admins, is as such, to use words like dork and the like is justified and appropriate, since I can not fight there, because Wikpedia admins as well as JIMBO ARE SLIMLY, SINVILING COWARDS, they can come here, were the rules are more “EVEN” and show me why I’m wrong to call them little soulless worms and COWARDS, for which they are.)

For me, my mission now, regarding Wikipeida is to see it destroyed, and as many of the admins and other leaders are held to account for the lies, hurt and injustice they have caused. The little Stalinist / Marxist worm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:El_C whose man child ignorance and arrogance knows no bounds. To imagine this ignorant basement dwelling punk, an administrator shows the bias of this LIE and DEFAMATION FARM. This is typical of the admins on Wikpedia.

Wikipedia must die!!!!!

The people who run Wikipeida are COWARDS, LIARS, AND THIEVES (of reputations, of other people’s knowledge) And JIMBO IS SLIMLY, GREEDY, SELFISH WORM.

Wikipeida shows, in real life, why there is a need of vigilance against the evil of mob rule, and why it must never be allowed to rule over men’s lives.
Nathan
Can't say I like El_C.
From my experience, he seems to have the "I do what I want and I don't invite discussion on it" attitude that certain other admins have - not good for the project as a whole.
Joseph100
EL dque http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:El_C

would do well to ponder this....

"....Nor, 80 years after the bloody, destructive and nevertheless still romanticized Russian Revolution, has history taught us to distinguish between truth and propaganda. The Nazis committed acts of terror and were open about it--more or less--which is why the Nazis are universally condemned. Communists committed acts of terror in the name of a greater good, which is why such a substantial minority of people are offended by a book which condemns Marxist regimes. Perhaps, in fact, the continued tolerance of Communist parties and Marxist philosophy in the West is rooted in human nature, in our capacity for self-deception, in our dreams of a society without conflicts and without poverty, in our refusal to see that all of the quick roads to such a society lead to totalitarianism.

But whatever the reasons, our inability to condemn left- wing acts of terror as forcefully as right-wing acts of terror does leave open a continued source of moral confusion in the West--one which will no doubt continue to erupt in uneasy and unresolved public debate such as the one which has just played itself out in Paris. Until Marxism itself is widely seen as an abhorrent philosophy, it will remain."

"Teflon Communism" By Anne Applebaum The Wall Street Journal January 12, 1998

Some more thoughts...

"...There's a whiff of the lynch mob or the lemming migration about any overlarge concentration of like-thinking individuals, no matter how virtuous their cause...." "Parliament of Whores" By P. J. O'Rourke (1991)

=================
I rest my case

Nathan
I can't say I really like those kinds of comparisons. Others might be fine with it, just not me.

I don't think calling someone a Nazi or whatever is really that constructive or helpful in any way.

You can do better.
Somey
I can live with the short leash.

Well, at least he can live with it. Yes, as long as User:El_C's personal needs are taken care of, so that he and his buddies can continue to rape, pillage, burn and destroy whatever's left of the concept of personal privacy in this world, relentlessly trampling over peoples' shattered hopes for a life free of invasive personal scrutiny by gangs of spiteful, arrogant, hypocritical "leash-holders," then I guess all's well, then?

(And he's actually one of the more reasonable ones!)
Joseph100
QUOTE(Nathan @ Wed 4th April 2007, 7:24pm) *

I can't say I really like those kinds of comparisons. Others might be fine with it, just not me.

I don't think calling someone a Nazi or whatever is really that constructive or helpful in any way.

You can do better.

If they were men with souls then I would agree with you, but these little manchildern are with out souls and as such, fit the description I have given them...

They are more than welcome to come here and tell me why they are not cowards and little worms.

AS for Marxist, HE (EL_C) should visit Katyn forest http://www.katyn.org.au/mednoye.html and see the work of his comrads up close.

I HAVE PURE HATE FOR fools who embrace Marxism.
Somey
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Wed 4th April 2007, 8:38pm) *

What about really, really smart people who embrace Marxism? laugh.gif

I sense the anger in you, young Skywalker...
Nathan
Painting everyone who fits a specific group with the same brush is not a good idea & I don't care how you justify it.
Cedric
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Wed 4th April 2007, 8:38pm) *

. . . AS for Marxist, HE (EL_C) should visit Katyn forest http://www.katyn.org.au/mednoye.html and see the work of his comrads up close.

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 4th April 2007, 8:42pm)

What about really, really smart people who embrace Marxism? laugh.gif

I sense the anger in you, young Skywalker...

Ah, yes. Commandante El C. This one's for you:
Cats of Evil!!!
FORUM Image
Ashley Pomeroy
"Cats of evil"

I think we can conclude from this image that men who choose to wear moustaches should not be trusted. A moustache shows that the moustachee is vain, that he has something to hide, and that he has the discipline to maintain this deception day after day. All of these attributes disquality a man from a position of authority.

Strip away these moustaches, and what do you have? The answer, of course, is that unless you are very skilled with Photoshop, you have three men with unnatural, undetailed philtra.

I do not have a philosophical position on women who choose to wear moustaches.
Somey
QUOTE(Ashley Pomeroy @ Thu 5th April 2007, 1:35pm) *
I do not have a philosophical position on women who choose to wear moustaches.

I have a position on women who wear moustaches, but I'd hardly call it "philosophical"...

Of course, I guess it also depends on whether or not it's a real moustache!
Nathan
Oh, you mean this lady with a moustache?
Oh sorry, that's a male (see Little Britain) wink.gif

FORUM Image
BobbyBombastic
[[List_of_Wikipedia_Admins_with_moustaches]]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.