Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WikiSym submission (2007 International Symposium on Wikis)
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
thekohser
After I took a quick look at this Conference description, I had an urge to try to throw together a research paper, which would be presented in Montreal in October. The problem is there's only a month before the paper must be submitted for review (before May 7, 2007), and I'm not sure I could manage that alone.

Is there anybody who might like to collaborate on writing such a paper? We could collaborate within a protected or private wiki space, to speed up production. My only demand would be that my collaborator(s) identify themselves with real-world names and credentials (though you wouldn't have to say who you are on Wikipedia Review), and that you have at least some possibility of attenting the conference in person. (Looks like they've got a great workshop where people sit in a circle and look to the middle of the room at a box surrounded by piles of multi-colored paper.)

FORUM Image

Some preliminary ideas for papers:
  • Semantic web in wikis
  • Strategies for business participation in wikis, especially Wikipedia
  • Addiction behaviors in wiki communities
  • Financial conflict of interest in the direction of non-profit and for-profit wikis

If you have any interest, you may respond here publicly, or you can contact me off-WR and I will preserve your WR anonymity if you request that. If you can't figure out a way to contact me off of Wikipedia Review, you're probably not the level of researcher for which I'm looking.

Another option -- less-intensive "posters" or "demonstrations" are being accepted up until July 9, 2007.

P.S. I'm quite serious about this. Please don't interpret it as a joke (except for the sarcastic remark about the multi-colored paper -- sometimes I can't help myself).

Greg
anon1234
If I were to submit a paper, it would be based on that "Cabals on Wikipedia" essay, just cleaned up as per the feedback in that thread and referenced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.