Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rob Levin
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
GlassBeadGame
I just looked over the Rob Levin article. This seems to have some POV issues. There is no reference to serious issues involving his "fund-raising" for the expensive RV. This was a serious matter in term of non-profit administration and possible self dealing. Many of the contributors (to the article not the bus) seem to have personally known the article's subject. He recently passed away and the talk page is mostly tributes. Apparently, there was an AfD at one and possibly more points. Was this used to cleanse the article? Maybe someone who knows more can enlighten me.

I misspelled Mr Levin name in the subject header. I don't know how to fix this. Sorry
a view from the hive
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 10th April 2007, 8:18am) *

I just looked over the Rob Levin article. This seems to have some POV issues. There is no reference to serious issues involving his "fund-raising" for the expensive RV. This was a serious matter in term of non-profit administration and possible self dealing. Many of the contributors (to the article not the bus) seem to have personally known the article's subject. He recently passed away and the talk page is mostly tributes. Apparently, there was an AfD at one and possibly more points. Was this used to cleanse the article? Maybe someone who knows more can enlighten me.

I misspelled Mr Levin name in the subject header. I don't know how to fix this. Sorry

Well, the good thing is you can gasp edit the article to improve it.
Poetlister
QUOTE(a view from the hive @ Tue 10th April 2007, 7:28pm) *

Well, the bad thing is you'll just get reverted.
Somey
QUOTE(a view from the hive @ Tue 10th April 2007, 1:28pm) *

He actually meant the subject header of this thread that you're reading now, not the article on WP... and I'd already fixed it by the time he posted the addendum saying he couldn't fix it, which does require a moderator here. Hence the confusion!

More to the point, I think he's implying that the article is being protected by a group of Levin's supporters who don't want any negative information about him in there. Levin is dead, so the article wouldn't qualify for any sort of protection under the BLP guidelines, even assuming those are worth anything. I don't mean any disrespect for the dead, of course.... unless it's the Grateful Dead. I've never liked them, nor do I like any of Jerry Garcia's solo albums.
gomi
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 10th April 2007, 12:07pm) *
... the Grateful Dead.[/i] I've never liked them ....
My Gawd, I was willing to overlook those photos of Somey with the choir boys, the pilfering of the Wikipedia Review bake sale proceeds, and his iron-fisted control of this forum, but he doesn't like the Dead? Them's fightin' words. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.