Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jayjg missing again
Wikipedia Review > Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
Heat
Has anyone else noticed that Jayjg hasn't edited since March 3rd, the same day Jimbo went into seclusion? Could just be a coincidence but my feeling is that Jimbo has cultivate a ring of henchmen around him in part by saving their scalps when they've gotten into hot water. A senior person is caught having misbehaved? Jimbo sweeps in and either dismisses all the evidence with a wave of his hand, and without providing any facts to support his contention that the evidence is "meaningless" or he proclaims that the miscreant is "forgiven".

I think that Jayjg has been in enough trouble for misuse of his tools, disruption and POV COIs to justify at best, being stripped of Checkuser and Oversight and at worst being banned from the project altogether. Only Jimbo's behind the scenes interventions have saved Jayjg. But if Jayjg's protector leaves or is severely discredited how safe is it for Jayjg? Maybe he's decided to hide for cover until the situation becomes clear?
gomi
Jayjg always disappears when there is controversy. The tag-team of SlimeVirgin with Jay, Crum, JoshuaZ, and others is still very strong, capable of much mischief, and definitely worth fearing. I don't think they need Jimbo for protection, though there is clear evidence that they have done Jimbo's dirty work when asked.

jorge
Perhaps he is furiously typing posts to one of the sooper seekrit mailing lists? Perhaps he is running the Wikipedia Special Office of Defense?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(jorge @ Thu 6th March 2008, 4:14pm) *

Perhaps he is furiously typing posts to one of the sooper seekrit mailing lists? Perhaps he is running the Wikipedia Special Office of Defense?

More likely busy with his À La Rose Mary Woods Overnight Oversight Of Mass Destruction (ÀLRMWOOOMD).

Jonny cool.gif
LamontStormstar
SlimVirgin dissapears when there's controversy over her and Crum375 takes over and defends SlimVirgin even at the risk of Crum geting blocked.

I noticed Crum375's userpage gets vandalized a lot whenever Crum does that saying they're meatpuppets.
Proabivouac
QUOTE(Heat @ Thu 6th March 2008, 8:29pm) *

Has anyone else noticed that Jayjg hasn't edited since March 3rd, the same day Jimbo went into seclusion? Could just be a coincidence but my feeling is that Jimbo has cultivate a ring of henchmen around him in part by saving their scalps when they've gotten into hot water.

It's at least conceivable that he's busy with other things. He takes these sort of breaks frequently (e.g. between 06:14, 21 February 2008-02:09-28 February 2008, 02:59, 15 February 2008-02:10, 18 February 2008, 04:19, 8 February 2008-02:57, 13 February 2008) - it's just his pattern. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.