Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passing comment from my 5th grade daughter
Wikipedia Review > Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
papaya
"There's a guy in my class who goes around editing Wikipedia articles."

Admittedly, she's in a G/T program, but still.
michael
What is G/T? Some kind of advanced program?
anon1234
QUOTE(michael @ Sat 14th April 2007, 12:28am) *

What is G/T? Some kind of advanced program?
Gifted / talented.
norsemoose
I was in the talented and gifted program when I was in school as well.

Thank God Wikipedia wasn't around then...
michael
Ah yes, that program. At my school it was called GATE - Gifted and Talented Education. I just didn't recognize G/T.
Cedric
QUOTE(norsemoose @ Fri 13th April 2007, 8:04pm) *

I was in the talented and gifted program when I was in school as well.

Thank God Wikipedia wasn't around then...

Hee hee. laugh.gif I had a college buddy who was a student teacher in a G/T program. He told us a lot a stories, with mixed concern and admiration, about what dangerous little bastards you were.
norsemoose
My school actually had a pretty shitty program. There weren't many resources available, so basically my being in the TAG program (as they call it here) meant that I got to spend most of the day playing Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe computers while the rest of the class studied multiplication.
The Joy
QUOTE(norsemoose @ Fri 13th April 2007, 11:17pm) *

My school actually had a pretty shitty program. There weren't many resources available, so basically my being in the TAG program (as they call it here) meant that I got to spend most of the day playing Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe computers while the rest of the class studied multiplication.

Well, my entire regular class in elementary played that. What a sad program you had. But, as you say, thank goodness the Wiki wasn't around then.
JohnA
I suppose that we're all too far gone to worry about what a gifted fifth-grader is doing to the leading online encyclopedia...
LamontStormstar
I was in the gifted and talented program. It was a complete waste of time. Nothing worthwhile learned.

Robster
QUOTE(JohnA @ Sat 14th April 2007, 10:57am) *

I suppose that we're all too far gone to worry about what a gifted fifth-grader is doing to the leading online encyclopedia...

...probably well on his way to adminship, if not Trustee...

...hey... maybe we found DennyColt's real identity... smile.gif
guy
QUOTE(JohnA @ Sat 14th April 2007, 3:57pm) *

Improving it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.