FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Worst of the Wannabees -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

> Worst of the Wannabees
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

This refers

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Fri 1st January 2010, 4:18pm) *

Save the 'hasten the day' socks for the inevitable RFA of Coldplay Expert (T-C-L-K-R-D) , almost certainly the most slack-jawed and drooling of the current crop of wannabees.

I haven't really followed the careers of the newer ones climbing the ladder of success on Planet Wiki. Any suggestions for other would-be admins like 'Coldplay Expert' - examples of noxious and sick-making behaviour would be useful.

Perhaps we could draw up a shortlist for the WP:DICK awards.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

I'm quite taken by the "This user knows that Nazi Germany is in no way assiciated with the real Germany" on CE's userpage. Presumably all the real Germans popped out to the shops, and when they weren't looking those sneaky imposters occupied Western Europe.
+Quote Post
Trick cyclist

Fortunately Denmark palmed Norway off to Sweden in 1814

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 5:49pm) *

I'm quite taken by the "This user knows that Nazi Germany is in no way assiciated with the real Germany" on CE's userpage. Presumably all the real Germans popped out to the shops, and when they weren't looking those sneaky imposters occupied Western Europe.

Perhaps he could explain then why there are former Nazis, involved in the occupation of Denmark, still living in Germany?

There is a story "The Groaning Hinges of the World" by R A Lafferty that suggests that every so often various places in the world such as Germany flip over and swap the people living there for subterranean people. Maybe hes read that story.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Trick cyclist @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 11:17am) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sat 2nd January 2010, 5:49pm) *

Perhaps he could explain then why there are former Nazis, involved in the occupation of Denmark, still living in Germany?

He said "the real Germany," and he has a point. Much of what gave Germans a sense of national pride (as Das Land der Dichter und Denker - the land of poets and thinkers) was suppressed or destroyed under the Nazis. Take, for example, the works of Heinrich Heine. And although it may seem like an overly technical point, Hitler was not German. He was Austrian.

There was a useful study of one facet of the issue in the film Taking Sides.
+Quote Post
Trick cyclist

Fortunately Denmark palmed Norway off to Sweden in 1814

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 9th January 2010, 1:34am) *

He said "the real Germany," and he has a point. Much of what gave Germans a sense of national pride (as Das Land der Dichter und Denker - the land of poets and thinkers) was suppressed or destroyed under the Nazis.

So today's Germany is still not "the real Germany"? After over 60 years they haven't restored it?
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Trick cyclist @ Sat 9th January 2010, 6:58pm) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 9th January 2010, 1:34am) *

He said "the real Germany," and he has a point. Much of what gave Germans a sense of national pride (as Das Land der Dichter und Denker - the land of poets and thinkers) was suppressed or destroyed under the Nazis.

So today's Germany is still not "the real Germany"? After over 60 years they haven't restored it?

Not once did I ever say that. I said that Nazi Geramn and Germany are two diffrent governments. But there are those who seem to think otherwise. And I must admit, have an admin called "Coldplay Expert" on wikipedia is probably not a good idea for public relations. But I never did like my name anyway. I just never bothered to change it because I could'nt think of anything else.

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 6:28pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 4:57pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 10:44am) *
I thought there was some age limit to membership here? Coldplay appears to be only 15.

I checked his user & talk pages, but didn't see anything resembling an age declaration...? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

(Addendum) Okay, I found this where he admits to being a "minor," but in the USA that just means he's under 18, not under 16... His propensity for spelling mistakes tends to suggest younger rather than older, but without something more definitive, I guess I'm inclined to not worry about it.

He has claimed on wikipedia to be 15, not 16 until April 3. Can't be bothered to go looking for where though. Isn't there some question about age that is supposed to be answered honestly when members register here? Why was JulianColton suspended last year?

Malleus, it was 13 years old, not 15.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 1:37pm) *

Right - the rule is that you can register here if you're 13, 14, or 15, and as long as we don't find out how old you are, all is well. We don't go actively looking for that information beyond viewing user pages and such on WP, but if someone brings it to our attention (including links to off-site material) and the facts are essentially indisputable, then that means a suspension for however long it is until the person's 16th birthday.

We keep meaning to spell that out explicitly somewhere, but of course, spelling it out explicitly would probably just get us into even more trouble! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:46pm) *

Right - the rule is that you can register here if you're 13, 14, or 15, and as long as we don't find out how old you are, all is well. We don't go actively looking for that information beyond viewing user pages and such on WP, but if someone brings it to our attention (including links to off-site material) and the facts are essentially indisputable, then that means a suspension for however long it is until the person's 16th birthday.

We keep meaning to spell that out explicitly somewhere, but of course, spelling it out explicitly would probably just get us into even more trouble! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

I don't really care if im suspended. To be honest, after reading this thread, I hate this place... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:49pm) *

I don't really care if im suspended. To be honest, after reading this thread, I hate this place... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

Quite right too!

This is no place for a fine upstanding young Wikipedian such as yourself.

Why not do some serious buttsnorkeling on Jimmy's talkpage instead. Go on you know you want to.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:54pm) *

Quite right too!

Why not do some serious buttsnorkeling on Jimmy's talkpage instead. Go on you know you want to.

In case you missed the last page and a half, im not an upstanding wikipedian. Rather, the opposite. Thanks though...
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:57pm) *

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 7:54pm) *

Quite right too!

In case you missed the last page and a half, im not an upstanding wikipedian. Rather, the opposite. Thanks though...

Multiple criticism on Wikipedia Review almost certainly means you're a fine upstanding Wikipedian.

+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:10pm) *
Multiple criticism on Wikipedia Review almost certainly means you're a fine upstanding Wikipedian.

Perhaps sometimes, but not this time.
+Quote Post
Coldplay Expert

Neophyte

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:11pm) *

Im going to have to agree with Malleus here. I have so real and valid issues that I need to fix. And while they were presented to me in a rude way here, it has actually opened up my eyes. And yes Maleus, I will follow the advice of Julian.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:15pm) *

Im going to have to agree with Malleus here. I have so real and valid issues that I need to fix. And while they were presented to me in a rude way here, it has actually opened up my eyes. And yes Maleus, I will follow the advice of Julian.

Good. Then we can perhaps close this rather unpleasant chapter now.

I mean you no ill will Coldplay, but the purpose of wikipedia, at least to my understanding, is to build a free encylopedia, not to make friends.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:22pm) *

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:15pm) *

Good. Then we can perhaps close this rather unpleasant chapter now.

I mean you no ill will Coldplay, but the purpose of wikipedia, at least to my understanding, is to build a free encylopedia, not to make friends.

Good Christ you really are a naive twat aren't you.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:24pm) *

Better than than just a twat like you.

QUOTE(Coldplay Expert @ Sat 9th January 2010, 8:26pm) *
I know that we are all here to build an encyclopedia. In fact when I joined, that was what I planned to do. But I seemed to have gotten off topic in my work. (Hense the large pink spot in my editing pie chart)

We're none of us perfect, we just do the best we can as we see it. Let's put this behind us now.

This post has been edited by Malleus:
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 12:40pm) *
Ahem. That's "Drunken twat".

Oh god, this thread is sooo inspiring, it's making me all teary-eyed!
To watch a 13-year-old boy being beaten up by disgruntled Wikipedia admins!!

Just explain to CE what he's supposed to do on Wikipedia, and leave him be.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:45am) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Sat 9th January 2010, 12:40pm) *
Ahem. That's "Drunken twat".

Oh god, this thread is sooo inspiring, it's making me all teary-eyed!
To watch a 13-year-old boy being beaten up by disgruntled Wikipedia admins!!

I'm not a wikipedia admin, and never will be. I'm happy to beat up anyone, regardless of "status", age, or creed.

QUOTE(Wikicrusher2 @ Sun 10th January 2010, 12:56am) *

Can someone move/delete this drivel?

If you don't like it, don't read it.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Peter Damian   Worst of the Wannabees  
Number Six   Coldplay's myspace talkpage buddy Thejadefalco...  
Peter Damian   Coldplay's myspace talkpage buddy Thejadefalc...  
Number Six   Coldplay's [s]myspace talkpage buddy Thejadef...  
Malleus   This refers [quote name='Eva Destruction' post='...  
cyofee   I'm quite taken by the "This user knows ...  
RMHED   Multiple criticism on Wikipedia Review almost cer...  
Coldplay Expert   [quote name='Malleus' post='214599' date='Sat 9th...  
Coldplay Expert   Good Christ you really are a naive twat aren...  
Coldplay Expert   [quote name='RMHED' post='214600' date='Sat 9th J...  
Nerd   Malleus, were'nt you an admin at one point? W...  
Somey   Um..Im not 13. :rolleyes: Would there be any poin...  
SB_Johnny   Um..Im not 13. :rolleyes: Would there be any poi...  
Somey   This age thing seems so arbitrary. Maybe it should...  
SB_Johnny   If only! :rolleyes: ... Okay, I promise t...  
Somey   Okay, I promise to get right on that sarcasm emoti...  
Coldplay Expert   [quote name='SB_Johnny' post='214722' date='Sun 1...  
Eva Destruction   And how did this thread go from bashing me to tal...  
Somey   ...society seems to group all minors as being comp...  
SB_Johnny   If you're 16, then what Eva says above is far...  
Eva Destruction   If you're 16, then what Eva says above is fa...  
Coldplay Expert   ...society seems to group all minors as being com...  
Somey   Well the question is, "are you turning 16 in ...  
Juliancolton   So true. For example im sure that Julian is not s...  
Coldplay Expert   So true. For example im sure that Julian is not ...  
Somey   Maybe my view is based off of where I live. In a S...  
Coldplay Expert   Maybe my view is based off of where I live. In a ...  
Somey   What the heck is a Shaker? :hmmm: Look it up - i...  
Coldplay Expert   Look it up - it's not all that bad an article,...  
Somey   Um...no. I don't live in a Shaker community. J...  
Coldplay Expert   Good luck on your RfA! :) Uh..was that sarc...  
Eva Destruction   Uh..was that sarcastic? Im not going up for one...  
Coldplay Expert   You do know we can read here, right? Have you tak...  
wikademia.org   Have you taken a look at my userpage recently? th...  
Coldplay Expert   the word on the street is that rollback is a gatew...  
wikademia.org   What? :/ history repeats itself unless ... i ...  
Coldplay Expert   no. be an admin! donate all your time to the W...  
wikademia.org   I never said that I don't want to be one. I ju...  
Somey   I never said that I don't want to be one. I ju...  
Cedric   [quote name='wikademia.org' post='214780' date='M...  
Milton Roe   [quote name='wikademia.org' post='214780' date='...  
SDJ   [quote name='wikademia.org' post='214780' date='M...  
A Horse With No Name   Sorry if im wrong.... :/ Im just makeing a fool of...  
Coldplay Expert   Don't stop! Hey, consider yourself at hom...  
Juliancolton   Malleus, were'nt you an admin at one point? W...  
Malleus   Malleus, were'nt you an admin at one point? ...  
Sarcasticidealist   Good Christ you really are a naive twat aren't...  
Milton Roe   [quote name='Malleus' post='214602' date='Sat 9th...  
Number Six   While I'm not sure what I hope to gain by jump...  
Malleus   Malleus, it was 13 years old, not 15. My mistake,...  
Coldplay Expert   Malleus, it was 13 years old, not 15. My mistake...  
Malleus   [quote name='Malleus' post='214590' date='Sat 9th...  
Emperor   I'm quite taken by the "This user knows ...  
radek   Presumably all the real Germans popped out to th...  
everyking   He seems to be self-destructing due to some sockpu...  
Somey   He seems to be self-destructing due to some sockp...  
Somey   Perhaps we could draw up a shortlist for the WP:DI...  
Juliancolton   Perhaps we could draw up a shortlist for the WP:D...  
SDJ   Apparently, there's a script running under an...  
IShadowed   While working with {{helpme}}'s, one certainly...  
Eva Destruction   Well, somebody hit a nerve. Quite why Malleus is t...  
EricBarbour   [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Use...  
Alison   Have you seen [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/w/inde...  
Malleus   [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Us...  
SB_Johnny   It's fashionable. Who linked him to this disc...  
Eva Destruction   [quote name='Malleus' post='214459' date='Fri 8th...  
Nerd   That "highlight" function comes up auto...  
LessHorrid vanU   Serious point; I think the main problem with a lot...  
Somey   Serious point; I think the main problem with a lot...  
Coldplay Expert   Serious point; I think the main problem with a lo...  
Somey   Haha. Nice use of the lyrics to Prospekt's Mar...  
Somey   How did I screw up this bad to get attention here?...  
SB_Johnny   Serious point; I think the main problem with a lot...  
EricBarbour   Also, Mr. Coldplay, I might also point out that yo...  
Kelly Martin   A good WP editor's pie chart would have a larg...  
Malleus   I thought there was some age limit to membership h...  
Somey   I thought there was some age limit to membership h...  
Nerd   I thought there was some age limit to membership ...  
Malleus   I thought there was some age limit to membership ...  
Wikicrusher2   Can someone move/delete this drivel?  
NotARepublican55   This refers [quote name='Eva Destruction' post='...  
Somey   ...he got banned from WR for being underage but hi...  
carbuncle   He's under 16 btw, and he was whining on Juli...  
RMHED   [quote name='NotARepublican55' post='214912' date...  
Malleus   Oh The Eaves that are Green turn to brown. Just a...  
A Horse With No Name   He's under 16 btw, and he was whining on Jul...  
Somey   I think we should all remember that hundreds of ye...  
A Horse With No Name   I think we should all remember that hundreds of y...  
RMHED   I think we should all remember that hundreds of ...  
Cunningly Linguistic   Jesus said that the meek will inherit the Earth. ...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)