Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Messianic Jayjgism
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
Pages: 1, 2
Timp
Does Jayjg still have checkuser access? It seems unbelievable that he would.

Of course it's one thing to say that this type of emaling is strictly allowed since there's nothing one can do about it. It's quite another to have someone with checkuser access become so flagrant that they're accidentally sending emails to the wikipedia mailing list.

I thought I recently saw Florence talk about making changes to checkuser access. I think I would support opening it up to all admins.... otherwise, this is absurd.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Timp @ Fri 21st December 2007, 11:09am) *

Of course it's one thing to say that this type of emaling is strictly allowed since there's nothing one can do about it.

What R U sayin !?

ALL Wikipediot rules are about things that they cannot do anything about except ban the people who do them.

Any non-cabal peon who engaged in that kind of WP:CANVARSE and WP:MEATPUPPET activity would be blasted for it and everyone there knows it.

Jonny cool.gif
tarantino
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Thu 20th December 2007, 7:36pm) *

Subj: Messianic Judaism
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:57:57 -0500
Reply-To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l-…@public.gmane.org>
To:
aviwiki-…@public.gmane.org,
"Pinchas Cohen" <PinchasC-…@public.gmane.org>,
"English Wikipedia" <wikien-l-…@public.gmane.org>,
"Beit Or" <beitor06-…@public.gmane.org>,
"Humus Sapiens" <humus.sapiens-…@public.gmane.org>
Newsgroups: gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.english

Someone has conveniently deleted all the criticism from the lead, in violation of [[WP:LEAD]].

'http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Messianic_Judaism&diff=175803950&oldid=175525305'

I'm planning to go in tonight and do some re-adding and tagging. Will you be able to watch my back?

WikiEN-l mailing list
WikiEN-l-…@public.gmane.org
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l

Humus_sapiens had stopped editing 19 September 2007, when he was knee-deep in Requests_for_arbitration/Allegations_of_apartheid. He was activated 5 hours prior to Jayjg's accidental email to wikien-l 20 December 2007.

# 20:43, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Israeli-Palestinian conflict‎ (Reverted edits by 217.54.3.38 to version 179185981 by Sm8900 (rv POV))
# 20:42, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) m Jewish lobby‎ (Reverted edits by 71.130.195.120 (talk) to last version by Keith D) (top)
# 10:56, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Image:Maabarah children.jpg‎ (added source, removing tag) (top)
# 10:49, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) User:Humus sapiens/monobook.js‎ (top)
# 10:49, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) User:Humus sapiens/monobook.js‎
# 10:48, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) User:Humus sapiens/monobook.js‎
# 21:36, 19 September 2007 (hist) (diff) User talk:Humus sapiens‎ (break)
# 21:33, 19 September 2007 (hist) (diff) User talk:Emmanuelm‎ (→Israel, Palestine and the United Nations - new section)
# 21:23, 19 September 2007 (hist) (diff) Talk:Jew Watch‎ (→Request for Comment: Wording to describe JewWatch as antisemitic)
# 21:18, 19 September 2007 (hist) (diff) Talk:Jew Watch‎ (→More on the mysterious reliable source quotation)
# 02:07, 15 September 2007 (hist) (diff) Holy Land‎ (→Judaism - for NPOV, adding more material here as well. Basing on Religious significance of Jerusalem#Jerusalem in Judaism)
# 02:01, 15 September 2007 (hist) (diff) Holy Land‎ (→Islam - NPOVified the latet edit, basing on Religious significance of Jerusalem)
# 01:46, 15 September 2007 (hist) (diff) Religious significance of Jerusalem‎ (→Notes - rm graffiti)
guy
Humus Sapiens may be sympathetic to Jayjg but he's no out and out meatpuppet, still less sockpuppet. He supported RachelBrown when she was driven out by the Poetlister controversy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=32674734
Moulton
That would explain the use of E-Mail.

When calling up the inactive reserves, one has to use off-Wiki call-up channels.
Yehudi
Humus Sapiens has his POV, as many do, but he's more reasonable than many others.
tarantino
(cur) (last) 01:42, 24 December 2007 Jayjg (Talk | contribs) (13,830 bytes) (statement noted, archived) (undo)
Recent events

Good evening. You currently occupy positions of elevated trust, including the oversight and checkuser functions which rely upon extreme levels of community trust, as well as access to the Arbitration Committee's private mailing lists as an ex-member. On multiple occasions there have been credible questions raised over various actions undertaken by you. For example, you've recently returned after a lengthy hiatus, which you began during an open ArbCom case in which you were a party. In addition, your accidental e-mail sent through the public mailing list just a few days ago has proven to be quite controversial. In view of this, I would like to confirm you still retain the exceptional trust the aforementioned accesses require, which was determined some years ago. Would you be willing to stand for reconfirmation of community trust for these positions? --Hemlock Martinis (talk) 08:52, 23 December 2007 (UTC)
guy
But the community doesn't vote for checkuser or oversight, at least not on English Wikipedia.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.