Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mr. Wales goes to Washington
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
WR Editorials
Thanks goes out to The Review’s resident business brain, thekohser for highlighting Jimmy Wales’s appearance before a US Senate committee in December to discuss the potential of the New Internet Technology for the US government. The committee sat through a session of the usual Mimbo-Jimbo, including Wales’s announcement that Wikipedia was “a carrier of [...]

http://wikipediareview.com/blog/20071231/m...-to-washington/
the fieryangel
QUOTE(WR Editorials @ Mon 31st December 2007, 2:10pm) *

Thanks goes out to The Review’s resident business brain, thekohser for highlighting Jimmy Wales’s appearance before a US Senate committee in December to discuss the potential of the New Internet Technology for the US government. The committee sat through a session of the usual Mimbo-Jimbo, including Wales’s announcement that Wikipedia was “a carrier of [...]

http://wikipediareview.com/blog/20071231/m...-to-washington/

This is BRILLIANT and everyone needs to digg it. Great job!
thekohser
I would have been nice if the Senate committee had also invited John Siegenthaler, Sr., Taner Akcam and Fuzzy Zoeller to speak about community-edited spaces like Wikipedia.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 31st December 2007, 11:38am) *

I would have been nice if the Senate committee had also invited John Siegenthaler, Sr., Taner Akcam and Fuzzy Zoeller to speak about community-edited spaces like Wikipedia.

I don't think that should be a joke, Greg.

I think you should propose it.

And don't write this lame letter next time (sorry, but...)

Go see the senator.

You can usually get breakfast meetings if you go to DC. Or something.
thekohser
Well, it appears that User:AntsOnNuts was not long for this world, considering his subversive edit.

I, for one, am going to miss User:AntsOnNuts.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.